LogonUI.exe - Sessions Disconnected

Question

• Answers 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 1/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, Robert.admin robert.adminossur.onmicros said:

We are also having this issue since upgrade to 21.12 . As a temporary solution we created a script the kills the Logonui.exe process for all our servers/users as soon as its started and it does not affect users that are logged on or normally disconnected . But in the case where the sessions are stuck it immediate logs of that sessions so users are not getting stuck anymore 

Interesting workaround.  How are you launching the script?

9 hours ago, tony roberts1709152250 said:

Is the correct path to the DLL C:\Program Files(x86)\Citrix\System32 ?

The support guy from Citrix told me it was C:\Program Files\Citrix\HDX\bin but that doesn't exist on our system. Can anyone confirm thanks.

For 19.12 CU4 the path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\System32

For 2109, 2112 the path is
C:\Program Files\Citrix\HDX\bin

Both for 64bit installations. For 32bit I can't confirm.

12 hours ago, Jamie Breedlove1709152539 said:

Interesting workaround.  How are you launching the script?

We use ControlUp automation that basically runs a Taskkill script every time the it sees the process start and kills it immediately.  its a dirty solution but it works . jn our environment its does this a round 10k times a day  ? and it does not affect other users 

17 minutes ago, Robert.admin robert.adminossur.onmicros said:

in the support process from Citrix i received 3 Statui.dll files where the first one did not work (Version 7.24.4000.1) and after that we got the 2 version to test. The version that is working for us is the 7.32.0.3 version

statui.PNG

7.32.0.3 is for CVAD 2112 / 7.24.4000.1 is for 19.12 CU4
But on Win10 OS it does not exists any kind of StatUI.dll. It's only for Server 20xx editions.

2 hours ago, Robert.admin robert.adminossur.onmicros said:

in the support process from Citrix i received 3 Statui.dll files where the first one did not work (Version 7.24.4000.1) and after that we got the 2 version to test. The version that is working for us is the 7.32.0.3 version

statui.PNG

The DLL exists on our Win10 multi-session VDAs

After updating from 1912CU3 to 1912CU4 we experience the same issue on our Win2019 (1809) VDA's. Users are disconnected at logon and are unable to reconnect.
The same 5 processes are visisble (+ an additional 2 for graphics, "NVIDIA Container" and "Citrix Graphics Engine" )
I've just opened a case with Citrix hoping te receive the prvate fix .dll.
For the moment we've rolled our VDA's back to 1912CU3.

disconnected_session_processes.jpg

6 minutes ago, Daniel Theuerkauff1709154232 said:

I have seen, that the fix for CU4 that you can download now at CTX338807 has a newer version of the DLL (7.24.4000.2) than the one i received with our support ticket last week which was version 7.24.4000.1. Maybe that's worth mentioning for soe of us who allready received this on the same way.

Since we've replaced the dll from weeks ago, we've had no issues (only randomly disconnections, which we think came from unstable homeoffice-internet). We now replaced the dll with the newer one and will see if it works too. Thnaks @mark for sharing 

We have version 7.24.4000.2 for 1912CU4 now running on our Server 2016 environment for some days. We still have the issue, but on a lower frequency. so i would say, it helps a little bit. We also added a script on the servers which runs as scheduled task every 5 minutes and tries to kill (tried 'stop-proccess' cmdlet and 'taskkill') every logonui.exe which is older than 1 minute (similar to the one from Joe Robinsons post). We can see in the logfile of the script, that when the issue occurs several logonui.exe proccess show up and the script  tries on its next schedule to end them. Unfortunatley, the proccess can't be killed for about 30 minutes. After that, the taskkill command succeeds and ends the proccesses. after that, we can logon remotely with RDP on the server again. But we also encountered this "30-minute-phase" before we implemented the patch (with the original StatUi.dll) and the script.