LogonUI.exe - Sessions Disconnected

Question

• Answers 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 10/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, Joeri Vermeiren said:

I'm currently having this issue as well and found the following article describing the exact same problem:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232490

I'll be changing the regkey tomorrow and will verify if this resolves the issue.

Hi, did you try this, and has it helped?

"If the regkey HKLM\Software\Citrix\Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent "DisableLogonUISuppression is set to "1" the issue does not occur."

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Timothy Wood1709158062 said:

@Tim Scott1709157919 did you get any feedback from Citrix on this?  I have the same issue with Server 2016 and 7.15 LTSR CU2 right now.  If I end the logonui.exe they will log off.  I already have a policy to log off disconnected sessions after 1 minute but even that isn't working.  

We were not able to consistently reproduce the issue in our environment at the time and other things took priority over this, it fell flat and we never moved forward on it. We are currently rolling out 1912 LTSR which will hopefully negate the issue though Citrix doesn't seem to have done anything to update the article referenced above. It mentions that Microsoft will path the problem but no specifics around that leaving us to assume it is fixed.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:25 AM, Jay Ilagan1709154631 said:

You have to place LogonUI.exe on SYSPROCS for TerminalServer key in the registry. Along with csrss.exe, winlogon.exe.

You add them to run under the system context?

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Terminal Server\SysProcs\ -Name "LogonUI.exe" -Type DWORD -Value "0"

On 6/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Barbara CERRETTI said:

Same here, we can reproduce the issue with Windows Server 2019 and 2016 with VDA 1912 LTSR.

We have open a ticket with Citrix but still no solution yet. Someone have some news?

I am experiencing the same issues with 2019 and 1912 LTSR, did you get a fix back from Citrix Support? Thanks

Same question, any info from Citrix? I have all kinds of issues including this one, ghost sessions where the only process left is csrss.exe and it can't be killed - reboot needed to fix that one. And also similar issues to @michael miller1709159154, and for those we end up having to log those users out via Director or Studio. Not sure the wait time lines up, I tried to repro and couldn't get it to work. It's random and doesn't affect all users.

I've had a ticket open for the same for a month now. Curious if anyone tried this suggestion:  

On 4/3/2020 at 4:25 AM, jilagan867 said:

You have to place LogonUI.exe on SYSPROCS for TerminalServer key in the registry. Along with csrss.exe, winlogon.exe.

The article they just told me to try today was this one: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX263581, but I already had the group policy keys... so not hopeful about adding the reconnect value. 

Hello,

We have the same issues and together with Citrix troubleshooting over 3 weeks now. Today there where no new cases. The only thing that is different is that there where less concurrent user on the catalog/delevery group. It looks like somewhere around 260 concurrent users things starting to go wrong. We are using Citrix Virtual Apps Essentials on Azure with 3 cloud connectors. I've did some investigation on:

• Cloud Connectors
  • Microsoft licensing server
  • FSLogix
  • WIndows server 2019 (VDA2109). Issue also occurs on the VDA 2106 and Windows server 2016.

All systems have enough resources and  there is no latency or network issues.

Same here, upgraded to 1912.0.4000.4227 (CU4) and we have seen the same issue; Users are reporting being stuck at preparing windows on login. Turns out they are trying to reconnect to a stuck disconnected session. When you kill the Windows Logon User Interface Host process on the disconnected session the user can login to the farm. This was not seen prior to introducing 1912.0.4000.4227 (CU4). Escalating to Citrix tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

we've had a very similar issue, with 'LogonUI.exe' process hunging but in the logon phase, for a new user. (or an existing user when we delete their profiles).

When logon freeze, the only way is to manually kill 'LogonUI.exe' and then the user's session goes ahead, but then seems to arise issues also during logoff phase.

Before downgrading to CU3, that solves the issue, we've tried upgrading from CU4 to 2112, but the problem was still present; we've also tried removing any antivirus solutions just to be sure.

Profile solution is FSLogix, os is ws2019 with latest updates; we've also WEM agent in place, upgraded as well to v2112.

Hope this helps.

Stefano

Hi all,

He have both on premise & Citrix Cloud Virtual Apps & Desktop infrastructures. With our on premise infrastructure (1912CU1), we don't have the problem at all but it is present on our Cloud infrastructure (with up to date 2112 VDA installed on S2019 as well).

We have tried adding LogonUI.exe to sysprocs and LogoffCheckSysModules in the registry => No luck.

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Good luck to all, and don't forget to share your information if you have any! 

Hi everyone,

We also have the same problem with one of our customers. They are running Windows Server 2019 (1809) VDAs with CVAD 2109 and FSLogix 2.9.7349.30108. Disconnected sessions will not log off gracefully. When manually terminating the Windows Logon User Interface Host (LogonUI.exe) process, the session is logged off immediately.

Not sure if the initial problem occurs when logging on, logging off or when the sessions is disconnected/timed out. I see sessions in "disconnected" state on the VDAs which have been "idle" for hours (way past configured RDS "timeout limits"). Users are not able to logon again/reconnect when this happens. It is not possible to log off the sessions through Citrix Studio (or even by PowerShell commands). Only by terminating the LogonUI.exe process (Windows Logon User Interface Host).

Anyone who has heard from Citrix on the matter? Seems a few people have registered support cases.