Updated Privacy Statement

LogonUI.exe - Sessions Disconnected

Question

• Answers 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We have the same issue since we updated to CVAD 1912 CU4 a long time ago. We are using Windows Server 2019. After that we tried 1912 CU5 and CU6 and also 2203 and 2203 CU1. But the problem still exist just in a litte bit other behavior. I`ve also done an inplace Upgrade from our Image to Windows Server 2022 with CVAD 2203 CU1 but still no luck.

- with 1912 CU4 we can only see the ghost sessions on the server. Also the Windows Search service is crashing when the ghost session happens.  No Sessions listed in Director or Studio.

- with 1912 CU4+5 and 2203: You can see the sessions in Studio and director as well as "Disconnected" and "Application not running"

- with 2203 CU1 the problem is hardly noticable, because we can only see the sessions in the taskmanager of the server. And the windows Search service is not crashing anymore.

We also opened a Citrix Case few month ago and after a long time of doing nothing they told us, that our problem has noting to do with Citrix and that it´s a microsoft problem. So now we are now stucking in a Microsoft case with no luck until now.

Hope there will be a solution for the problem soon.

Hi,

I've been experiencing the same problem - we have Windows 2019 servers with the latest FSLogix and CU5. It happens once or twice per week where the server can't be RDPed or consoled into but remote tools like services.msc and eventvwer can still connect OK. The IP Helper, AppX get stuck in a starting or stopping state. New users trying to connect to the broken server get stuck logging on and existing users can't reconnect or logoff their session. We also have some Windows 2012R2 servers with CU5 and FSLogix which never get the problem.

I'll try downgrading the Windows 2019 servers to CU3.

Thanks.

Still with 2203 CU1 we do not have any disconnection or logon/logoff issues. The only thing we've seen is an logon issue once per 3 or 4 weeks. We checked the logs with no result.

But we've seen that on the issued server, powershell can't be opened. On the issued server, there are lots of powershell.exe processes. Also we can't logon via RDP to the server.

Only rebooting the server solves the issue.

@H Desk

Could you confirm that on the issued server, powershell.exe can opened ?

Since downgrading to CU3, we have had no problems for almost 2 weeks. I guess we're stuck on that release for the foreseeable future. 

It last happened on a CU5 server the day before we downgraded it, and I wasn't able to logon to it, but I could run Powershell remotely and kill all logonui.exe processes. Unfortunately, it didn't bring the server back.

Not a solution but I do have my suspicion (TLDR see last paragraph). I never had this issue with our 7.6 or 7.15 farm.

Ghost sessions just hosed up the farm today for the first time in a new CVA 1912 CU6 farm that went live 2 months ago. Don't know what caused it for sure but a few things happened today.

1) Print spoolers had to be restarted on the 2019 RDSH multi-session servers as well as Citrix Universal printing.

2) We logged out user sessions who complained of slowness, unable to launch certain apps or frozen when printing. 40% of users impacted - rough guess (depended on app and function).

3) Also of note was that disk space was critically low on some VDAs when I checked and may have run out at some point, which we know causes it's own problems.

- No FSLogix or UPM used, just roaming profiles for Outlook cache. Redirected folders.

- Windows search service is disabled.

- Windows server up to date.

We are addressing space issue and rebooting all servers involved. But my gut tells me it is related to print system. Usually whenever our apps printing connection is broken, apps freeze up and people start smashing keyboards. Helpdesk logs off session after restarting spoolers. Usually works but today was hit or miss and was probably due to ghost sessions still running.

Yes, today went into the dumpster fire.?

On 1/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, Logan Marks said:

Usually whenever our apps printing connection is broken, apps freeze up and people start smashing keyboards.

It looks exactly the same with us.

When a print job is started, the connection to the printer is established forever and everything freezes.

After about 1 minute can then be printed.

I have thought that this problem and the ghost sessions are independent of each other. But now that someone else is reporting this problem....

Same issue Here and has been a problem since Moving from 2012 R2 7.15 LTSR to Server 2019 / 1912 LTSR CU3.  We have now updated to CU7 and still same problem.  For us it doesn't affect the user, they are still able to connect and get another working session, but we have the Ghost Session in Studio and the same processes are running on the Server VDA.

Since its not preventing users from connecting its just more of an inconvenience, but we are still interested in a resolution.  This thread seems to have slowed down.  Just curious if anyone ever received a definitive answer and fix?

Hi,

Same issue at a customer, Windows Server 2019 + VDA 2203 CU3 + FSLogix 2.9.8440 + Cortex 8.0.

image.thumb.png.82f58ad72d92def3234a7046cf920c10.png

The processes listed above remain active and the FSLogix user profile remains opened in disk manager.

Killing LogonUI kills other processes but the FSLogix profile is not properly closed.

I will try to upgrade to FSLogix agent 2210 Hotfix 2 but I'm not sure it will solve the issue.

Hi 

So we are running the latest Version of FSlogix 2.9.8612.60056 and Server 2016 and have the same problems.

If you log off the user it does not release the profile and the user cannot logon to that Server again.

The only way to fix it is to restart the Server.

We just logged a call with MS and Citrix. 

Citrix is saying it is FSlogix that is causing this.

So still waiting for MS to get back to me.