Keyboard works... but Mouseclicks aren't recognized

Markus Frenzel

Question

Hello!

Some of my users got a strange problem from time to time... sometimes they can't click anymore in an published app (regardless of the app) but keyboard regular input and shortcuts still work (ALT+F4, TAB, ALT+TAB, etc.).

The mouse pointer can be moved... but clicks (left or right doesn't matter) aren't recognized.

My environment: XenApp 6.5 HRP1 with installed Hotfixes (002, 007, 011, 013, 028, 033, 053, 058), Windows Server 2008 R2 (latest Updates installed).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Markus

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

BUMP,

We got the same issue here with XenApp 6.5 HRP4 since years. Various users, various applications. They disconnect, connect and mouse works again. We are especially experiencing it with RDP as an application.
Shame really that this topic has been open for so long and there has not been a solution (communicated) by Citrix or any users. To me that means there's no fix and that's really poor. Any hints / suggestions would be majorly appreciated.

We have the same issue in our environments. The problem occurs randomly. Sometimes for some users not at all for a week sometimes x-times a day. Disconnecting and re-connecting mostly gives the problem of pre-existing sessions so that re-connecting is not possible without wait time or killing the session.

Citrix Receiver 3.1.0.64091

Hi Carlos,

Hotfix Rollup Pack 4 is years old and they have come out with three rollup packs since.  They probably did fix whatever weirdness you are experiencing but you missed it by not keeping up with hotfixes.  I would at least get on HRP06 (HRP07 is still fairly new with an outstanding issue from reports here) and the latest Receiver and see if you still have issues.  Same for you Dirk, that is such an old Receiver that the first thing Citrix would do if you called them is have you update it before going any further.  Hope this helps.

I want to add that Microsoft has a hotfix rollup as well that should be installed on all servers and workstations running Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2775511

thx

Pete

A customer had this issue since XA 4.5 and later with XA 6.5, so we had a citrix case (#62031761). The issue seemed to be Microsoft-related! and support gave me this finding from another customer with a Microsoft- and Citrix-case:
"I followed up on this and was told that Microsoft included the fix for this issue in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045171/. Installing this fix along with Citrix mouse optimization fix resolved the problem for (customer). Hopefully this will help you as well."

My customer did install this one on the client-side with a receiver 4.2-update a year ago and the issue is gone since then.
On the server-side HRP5 was installed.

Can anyone else test or confirm this?

Hi Carlos,

Hotfix Rollup Pack 4 is years old and they have come out with three rollup packs since.  They probably did fix whatever weirdness you are experiencing but you missed it by not keeping up with hotfixes.  I would at least get on HRP06 (HRP07 is still fairly new with an outstanding issue from reports here) and the latest Receiver and see if you still have issues.  Same for you Dirk, that is such an old Receiver that the first thing Citrix would do if you called them is have you update it before going any further.  Hope this helps.

I want to add that Microsoft has a hotfix rollup as well that should be installed on all servers and workstations running Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2775511

thx

Pete

Hey Pete,

I did infact install all the latest patches and HRP 7 with no fix really.

It was stable for a week or two and then falls into the same pattern. The only solution I see is giving direct RDP access, which opens gaps in security and manageability. We really don't want to do that but it seems this is a general problem that pops up out nowhere even in XenDesktop (see above). It's a real shame there's no statement of citrix.

Thanks,

Carlos

Hi Carlos

I remember we had a situation many years ago and the fix was to use the Microsoft standard drivers for the mouse and keyboard on the Citrix server itself.  Not any third party driver that it might have come with.  Are your people on the same LAN as your Citrix servers?  Are you using SpeedScreen Latency Reduction Manager on your servers?

thx

Pete

Hello all,

We have had a few customer cases in the past month or so on different platforms/roll up pack levels of Xenapp. We engaged our developers and tracked down the issue to RDS mouse handling mechanism. The traces we got using private debug binaries indicate that the Citrix mouse handling mechanism sends the mouse clicks to the buffer like it was supposed to. But the RDS portion which is supposed to read from that buffer does not seem to work correctly. We have seen up to 1000+ mouse clicks queued in the buffer. At this stage we need help from Microsoft to figure out what is going on with their components. So we have asked our customers to open a case with Microsoft to investigate this further. We also have an internal communication open with Microsoft so that we can work together if they need any additional details from our side. Mouse issues are hard to track and this being a random issue made it much more harder. So it might take a while before we / Microsoft provides a fix for this issue. I will update this thread once we have a resolution. If you have a Microsoft support contract, please open a case with them. 

We have the same Problem WITHOUT Citrix client. We access via RDP to our environment.

So it looks like that our Problem confirms your investigation!

- After a while, mouse suddenly stops working, but keyboard works.

- After reconnect the mouse is working again

- Problem happens on Linux clients (rdesktop/freerdp) more often then with the Microsoft client

Environment:

- Linux rdesktop and freerdp and windows rdp client (mstsc).

- W2k8R2 TS on XS 6.2

Does you ever get a usable response from Microsoft?

Thanks Meike

Hello all,

we had the same issue with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.

Environment:

- Windows Server 2008 R2

- Citrix XenApp 6.5 with Hotfix Rollup Pack 5 installed

- Citrix Offline Plugin 6.7

- Citrix Receiver 13.4.500.4

The resolution of this problem was repairing the Offline plugin and re-installing the Citrix Receiver.

I did it exactly in the following order:

1. Uninstallation of Citrix Receiver on the XenApp Worker.

2. Reboot the server

3. Using the repairing function of the CitrixOfflinePlugin6.7.exe

4. Reboot the server.

5. Installing the Citrix Receiver.

6. Reboot the server again. After the last reboot everything was working properly without the focussing issue.

Regards,

Alex

I know this thread is 2 years old, but the issue is still not resolved.

Had this problem with Windows 7 and 10, tried the suggested receivers (including the one from here - https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/394555-mouse-click-do-not-work-for-applications-when-launching-xenapp-715-ltsr/)

and used workspace but the issue remains. Mouse is loosing focus but keyboard is still working fine.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:37 PM, Naveed Farrukh said:

[SOLUTION]

Hello all, it has been a while and I'm sure many people have found a solution. I am a clinician end user and had tons of trouble with this issue on 2nd monitor. 

If you go to Citrix --> right click "advanced preferences" --> high DPI --> "yes" 

This magically solves the mouse input. EPIC EHR, my citrix application also scales perfectly on my laptop as well as when I drag it over to the monitor. Thanks for your help everyone! 

Thank you! One of my users was having the same issue and this is the only fix that worked! Made a citrix account just to post this lol