Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Inconsistent Results from DaaS Applications API (/Applications)

Jeff Van Note

Question

I noticed I am getting duplicate applications if I don't set a limit of 1000 for this call and missing some other applications visible in DaaS. By duplicate I mean the same name and same ID. The total rows returned is correct.

For example, calling:

https://api-us.cloud.com/cvad/manage/Applications

, then calling:

https://api-us.cloud.com/cvad/manage/Applications?continuationToken={my_continuation_token}

,until the continuation token is null will give duplicate values.

If I specify ​a limit of 1000, I don't get any duplicates and can see the missing ones. I've seen this happen with Azure Data Factory and with a Python script created for troubleshooting. We have about 2,400 applications in total. If I use a limit of 250 or specify no limit, I get some duplicates/some missing, but the correct row count.

The general approach we take is make the initial call to the API, check for a continuation token, and then loop, calling with the token returned by each result set until it is null.

Is there an issue with my approach that somehow specifying 1000 resolves?

2 answers to this question

Addressing inconsistencies in API responses is crucial for ensuring seamless integration with DaaS applications. It is imperative for any android application development company to have a robust understanding of API behavior to deliver a reliable user experience. This issue highlights the importance of thorough testing and continuous monitoring to guarantee consistent performance. Kudos to the team for tackling this challenge head on.