Updated Privacy Statement

expanding user layer size

Question

I'm looking to expand some users user layer size.  I intend to control this via a separate OS Layer version, so I can deploy it to one pool only.  Based on this article Deploy user layers | App Layering (citrix.com)  I can create a new reg key called DefaultUserLayerSizeInGb here : HKLM\Software\Unidesk\Ulayer.   I created that key and set it to 20 (in a snapshot)  Deployed to a pool and the new size isn't showing.  I even deleted the test user's user layer and that didn't recognize the increased size.  Is there something else I'm missing to this? 

am aware that I can use the User Layer Management Utility, and it works fine.  Its changes though,  don't persist if we have to delete a users user layer.

1 answer to this question

Hi Matrin,

1. you can achieve User layer expansions by using Citrix DaaS policy by setting the User layer size parameter. (Simple and easy, just target the specific Delivery group and users)

2. or you can enable the regkey(That you already tried) on Image level so that it can persist to users those logs in to that particular master image