Netscaler CPU 100% since last update

Hi Georg,

there is no official fix at the moment. I have opened a case a few weeks ago (SR 82430732) and Citrix collected all required files. They can replicate this issue, so a fix should be available with the next firmware release in february. I don´t think that 14.1.12.35 will fix this problem. There is no hint within the release notes and it is an emergency release I found out that you can workaround this issue when you do a failover to the secondary node. The new primary (and old primary also) will have normal CPU utilization until reboot. But the high CPU utilization shouldn´t be a real problem, since the secondary will become primary in an outage of the primary appliance and the CPU utilization will fall down to normal utilization.

Best regards,

Jens

Hi Davud,

14.1.12.35 replaces 14.1.12.30. It fixes the security vulnerabilities CVE-2023-6548 and CVE-2023-6549, but has no other greater bugfixes. This is why your secondary appliances will also have a high cpu utilization after you update from any other version to 14.1.12.35.

This issue is will be fixed in 14.1_27.x. They plan to release it in the second week of april. It´s a much longer time as usually for a new firmware release, but they want to do all sanity checks before it is released to public. The issue will be documented as NSHELP-37015 in the release notes. This information was provided by Citrix Support to us.

Best regards,

Jens

• Like 1