Moving a CVAD farm from an old hypervisor on old storage to a new HyperVisor on new storage

Joshua Freedkin

Question

I was directed to CTX140486, when I requested assistance with planning my migration for my CVAD LTSR 1912 from an older vmware cluser (which has its own older netapp) to a new vmware cluster with new storage. The new Cluster isn't connected to the old storage, so the article suggesting just to move one host (app server) at a time didn't make a lot of sense.  The VLANS are the same though, so I can leave the networks as is on all the hosts and controllers.  I am not looking for Citrix to do the work for me (I understand the difference between break fix and contract services. I just wanted to know if my overview of the process was the best way to approach it.

1. I would copy my 2 Storage disks contents (golden images, etc...) from the old netapp to a new set of disks on the new NetApp. 

2. I move our 2 Storefront/Controllers from the old Cluser to the new one.

3. I bring up the 1st StoreFront/Controller and re-connect it to the new storge disks (make sure the rights are set) and then I can re-create the Machine Catalogs from the new location.

4. Lastly I re-create my hosts using MCS.

This seemed like the right way in my head. 

Do I also delete my existing catalogs before step 2? 

Thank you for you assistance with this.  

2 answers to this question