ADC license not valid after upgrading to 13.1 33.47

Joost Sannen

On 11/9/2022 at 11:41 AM, H Desk said:

Thanks - installing the latest licence from the portal fixed this issue. However, I got a new problem after I upgraded the first node, I logged on OK with MFA, but when I tried to start a Citrix desktop it didn't start and HA failed back to the un-upgraded node. Usually I am able to fail over to the upgraded node, test to make sure it works and then upgrade the other node. Reverting to snapshot got it back to normal. I will try upgrading to 13.1.33.52 this time, but I'm worried in case it does the same thing again then it's missing the patches for the recent CVEs.

It upgraded fine with 13.1.33.52 and the new licence. I see that 13.1.33.49 is no longer available for download, so it must have been a bug with that version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Carl resolved this issue for us (thanks Carl!), but let me share that there is another issue related to this that was acknowledged by Citrix Support...

I experienced the same licensing after upgrading from 13.0 67.43 to 13.1.37.38 the license was ignored and the unit reverted from VPX Advance 50 to freemium . I opened a case with support and the licensing team contacted me acknowledging the issue. Apparently, there is a glitch on Citrix's licensing portal site where it is not properly updating the client's software subscription information and valid thru dates. In other words, the portal indicates my subscription is valid through Oct 2023, but when I open my license file (even if I download a new copy or generate a new license), it indicates an expiration of Oct 2021 and they are unable to resolve it. In my case, it needed to be escalated and I was told it may take up to 10 days to get resolved.

If you open your license file, the information I am referring to is as follows: CITRIX 2021.1012 permanent (in my case it should read CITRIX 2023.1012 permanent). I hope this info helps those that may also be affected by this Citrix glitch. Thanks