WEM change database connection after upgrade

Björn Schläfli

Question

We've upgraded WEM 2103 to 2203. Agent synchronization is not working. We use the option 'infrastructure service uses windows authentication' in database connection usually, but this option was not enabled while upgrading. As far as I know this means vuemUser is not the database user. 

Am I able to change this option after update? The only gui I have is the database upgrade and that's not helping, because the database is already on 2203. 

Or do I need a database restore?

2 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Björn Schläfli said:

We've upgraded WEM 2103 to 2203. Agent synchronization is not working. We use the option 'infrastructure service uses windows authentication' in database connection usually, but this option was not enabled while upgrading. As far as I know this means vuemUser is not the database user. 

Am I able to change this option after update? The only gui I have is the database upgrade and that's not helping, because the database is already on 2203. 

Or do I need a database restore?

You should also have access to the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration GUI on your brokers. I'm not 100% sure, but I want to say that the DB upgrade wizard just uses that account for the upgrade, so the local account may still be in the DB (you should be able to check this directly against the SQL DB). I'd launch the Infra Svc Config GUI first to validate the connection settings, and if something is configured incorrectly (like the account used to hit the WEM DB), correct it there. Otherwise, yeah, a DB restore is probably your quickest recovery option.