Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 9

Citrix Workspace 2204 uses wrong mouse coordinates in Fullscreen


bsolar17

Question

Using Citrix Workspace 2204 to connect to a Windows session. With the Viewer in Fullscreen the mouse coordinates seem to be incorrect, with the actual mouse position registered by Windows being above the mouse pointer shown.

 

As example, trying to right-click the Windows taskbar at the bottom should bring up the taskbar context menu, but it actually brings up the desktop context menu. Moving the mouse over the context menu also shows the highlighted menu entry to be slightly above where the mouse pointer is drawn.

 

The issue only appears in Fullscreen: using the application in Windowed mode the mouse position is registered correctly. This makes the application unusable for me.

 

Furthermore, by trying to download the earlier version 2203 I noticed that the page wrongly provides the 2204 version instead: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/legacy-receiver-for-mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest-2203.html:

 

image.thumb.png.7f8fc6cf0c40ee4b85021d4d25f9f6b0.png

 

For this reason was only able to reinstall version 2201...

Link to comment

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Hi there,

same Problem here.

And here is the quick fix: unfortunately Citrix has changed something how they calculate the actual screen size in pixels and how they give that info to the windows system.

When the problem occurs, I have the option "Automatically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" under system preferences -> Dock & Menu Bar deactived.

When this is activated, the calculation seems to be right. The offset of the mouse does not occur.

 

hth

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1

Hi everyone,

 

If your macbook is notch screen, then you can try release-2206, actually apple provide a fancy screen for their latest built-in screen, so Citrix Workspace have the issue on mac notch screen, but we fixed on the latest 2206.

If your macbook isn't notch screen, and also meet the mouse issue, then you can check if the "Automactically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" under "System preference" -> "Dock & Menu Bar" was selected, if not, please select it, actually it's the new mode on Montery system, and by default the option is selected. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1
5 hours ago, Ke Xu said:

If your macbook is notch screen, then you can try release-2206, actually apple provide a fancy screen for their latest built-in screen, so Citrix Workspace have the issue on mac notch screen, but we fixed on the latest 2206.

 

I cannot find release 2206: the latest release for Mac is 2204 and under Beta/Tech Previews there is another 2204 version for Apple Silicon but it has the same issue as the normal 2204.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
18 hours ago, Juumlrgen Lichtenthaumller said:

Hi there,

same Problem here.

And here is the quick fix: unfortunately Citrix has changed something how they calculate the actual screen size in pixels and how they give that info to the windows system.

When the problem occurs, I have the option "Automatically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" under system preferences -> Dock & Menu Bar deactived.

When this is activated, the calculation seems to be right. The offset of the mouse does not occur.

 

hth

Also seeing the same problem - I found that downgrading to Workspace client 22.03.0.14(2203) the mouse offset issue is resolved in full screen mode - unfortunately that release does not support "Use all displays in Full Screen" so I loose access to multiple monitors, but moussing is workable again (such a relief).  But when I have a few minutes to spare I'll check this workaround - I didn't expect it work because I've set my dock on the left, but who knows, it's certainly a valuable pointer for the Engineers to look at.

Link to comment
  • 0
21 hours ago, Juumlrgen Lichtenthaumller said:

Hi there,

same Problem here.

And here is the quick fix: unfortunately Citrix has changed something how they calculate the actual screen size in pixels and how they give that info to the windows system.

When the problem occurs, I have the option "Automatically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" under system preferences -> Dock & Menu Bar deactived.

When this is activated, the calculation seems to be right. The offset of the mouse does not occur.

 

hth

This worked for me using macOS 12.4 and Citrix Workspace 2204.4.0.44 - thanks for the hint hth

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, Marc Weijmar said:

Did not had any effect for me. Did it on the workspace app.

 

You need to apply the setting change on the Citrix Viewer app, not the Workspace app.

 

You can find the Citrix Viewer app at the following location:

/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/Citrix Viewer

Note that enabling the option has drawbacks and scales the whole application under the area causing black borders to appear on the sides. It's an option meant to accommodate legacy applications which do not support Fullscreen properly for some reason, which is not something I expect from a Citrix product.

 

From the Apple article linked above:

 

Quote

Apps can be updated to work better with this area of your screen. If a developer updates their app for compatibility with your Mac, the "Scale to fit below built-in camera" setting no longer appears. You can contact the developer of the app to learn whether an update is available or planned.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/31/2022 at 2:24 AM, Ke Xu said:

If your macbook is notch screen, then you can try release-2206, actually apple provide a fancy screen for their latest built-in screen, so Citrix Workspace have the issue on mac notch screen, but we fixed on the latest 2206.

 

Do you have a super secret link for 2206 ?  ?

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/31/2022 at 8:24 AM, Ke Xu said:

If your macbook isn't notch screen, and also meet the mouse issue, then you can check if the "Automactically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" under "System preference" -> "Dock & Menu Bar" was selected, if not, please select it, actually it's the new mode on Montery system, and by default the option is selected. 

 

Thank you. Great. This is the Solution.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...