Access Gateway broken after 13.0 84.10 or 84.11

Joost Sannen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue with build NS13.0 86.17.nc. Yesterday we updated from NS12.1.

But it seems that not all users are affected with this - I can't figure out why.

Can I create those HSTS rewrite policies and bind them to already existing VS with policies? We have to policies binded to VS with the following expressions:

HTTP.REQ.HEADER("User-Agent").CONTAINS("CitrixReceiver")

HTTP.REQ.HEADER("User-Agent").CONTAINS("CitrixReceiver").NOT

12 hours ago, Lukas Rusch1709162191 said:

Same issue with build NS13.0 86.17.nc. Yesterday we updated from NS12.1.

But it seems that not all users are affected with this - I can't figure out why.

Can I create those HSTS rewrite policies and bind them to already existing VS with policies? We have to policies binded to VS with the following expressions:

HTTP.REQ.HEADER("User-Agent").CONTAINS("CitrixReceiver")

HTTP.REQ.HEADER("User-Agent").CONTAINS("CitrixReceiver").NOT

If you created a rewrite policy like in my post reply of March 25 you've got to bind it as a Rewrite Policy of Type Request.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just also tried going from 13.0 (83.29 same as the OP) to 13.1 27.59 yesterday and ran into this issue. What a mess. Does anyone have a citrix support contract and have any tickets open? If not, I will do so. Ridiculous that this has been broken for six months now, judging by the 4 pages of comments. What the heck, Citrix. It'd be nice if there was a 'known issues' page we could follow.

Edited by Zach Heise
adding original version number detail

20 hours ago, zheise996 said:

We just also tried going from 13.0 (83.29 same as the OP) to 13.1 27.59 yesterday and ran into this issue. What a mess. Does anyone have a citrix support contract and have any tickets open? If not, I will do so. Ridiculous that this has been broken for six months now, judging by the 4 pages of comments. What the heck, Citrix. It'd be nice if there was a 'known issues' page we could follow.

Hi Zach, Citrix is analyzing logs but please do open a support case too. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my ticket, got this as a response. At this point, we're sitting comfortably back on 13.0 build 83.29 and are not super interested in going through the pain and suffering of another failed update for our users anytime soon.

If it was fixed, supposedly, in 13.1 build 11.3 - but you still need a run a command from the shell afterward? Odd way to do a fix.

Greetings,

Yes this was a known issue and we have reported to the engineering team and issue was fixed in 13.1 11.3, NSHELP-28367 this is the NS HELP id.

However, you can run the below-given command once you upgrade the firmware to fix the issue.

Need to run it from the shell

nsapimgr_wr.sh -ys call=toggle_vpn_datalen_multipleof_mss

Regards
Manik Reddy
Technical Support Engineer
Delivery Networks, Americas Support

Citrix Systems India Private Limited (U70200KA1995PTC019308)
Prestige Dynasty, Ground Floor #33/2, Ulsoor Road, Bangalore–560042, Karnataka, India

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 4:19 AM, Joost Sannen said:

Hmm, you got more info than I did. Tested this morning with 13.1 30.52 and the problem is still there. Asked Citrix for more information about the shell command.

Yes, my tech agent shared this link with me that had reasoning for how and why this shell command works - https://issues.citrite.net/browse/NSHELP-28367 - but he neglected to remember it was an internal-only link, that us non-Citrix employees cannot see. So basically there is no supporting documentation (that mere mortals like you and I can read) for this supposed 'fix' he shared with me. That leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been told by citrix support today that the latest version 13.0.88.16 fixes this issue, although i can't see the mention in the release notes.  i've asked them to clarify before i upgrade to this .  Just in case others want to try and see if it does indeed resolve the issue

• 1 month later...

i queried the citrix support engineer who apologised and has now told me that 

"For the 13.0 build 89.x latest , fix was available in this , I heard that the issue is resolved we referred this NSHELP-31478."

i have yet to test this latest version, but just wanted to make this info available for others to test..

• 2 months later...

I could not find it either and asked Citrix Support last December. From Citrix support I got 'this is fixed and verified in 13.1-39.8 and hence it will be included in the upcoming General Available (GA) build' . So this should work in 13.1 42.47 .  I didn't test it myself yet. Maybe someone else can confirm it finally has been fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

I also went ahead and checked this issue with Citrix support. The answer was:

I checked further on NSHELP-31478, and it is resolved in 13.1-37.32 (or upper versions) or 13.0- 89+ versions.

We are proceeding with firmware updates based on this information, we'll upgrade to 13.0-90.7.