VDA deployment end with return code 11

netorcurs

Question

hi guys,

when i try to install the vda with our baramundi after cleanup it, i get the return code 11 .. but there is no return code 11 in the citrix docs.

I tried to install it manually with cmd xendesktopvdasetup.exe /quiet -> Unknown Error "FailedMedia".

the weired thing is, whens its done with return code 11, the vda is sucesfully connected to the delivery controller ...

any idea what this code means?

thanks!

2 answers to this question

Did you happen to delete the contents of C:\Windows\Temp manually or through some automated means? I had the issue. I had an issue with automating the installation though Puppet so I wiped out C:\Windows\Temp manually as a troubleshooting step. Then I kept seeing in my XenDesktop Installation.log file this:

Failed to find the MediaID file at 'C:\windows\TEMP\Ctx-2E22A811-50C3-4ECF-9A5B-44E3219B58A0\Extract\Image-Full\x64....

The Ctx-2E22A811 folder was deleted, so I copied another ctx folder within C:\Windows\Temp that had the same VDA version and named it Ctx-2E22A811-50C3-4ECF-9A5B-44E3219B58A0. I confirmed the VDA version was the one I wanted by looking at C:\Windows\Temp\Ctx-2E22A811-50C3-4ECF-9A5B-44E3219B58A0\Extract\Image-Full\ProductVersion.txt. Lesson learned, don't wipe out those ctx folders until the installation is done.

I searched two days for a solution for this (error occured during upgrade from VDA 2203 to 2308) and the result is to delete these directories prior starting the installation (if "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Citrix\MetaInstall\ExitCode" is 11):

1. "C:\ProgramData\Citrix\CTQs\metainstaller.dat"

2. "C:\ProgramData\Citrix\XenDesktopSetup"