Teams side by side Office 2016

Joost Sannen

Question

Hi,

One of our customer has a challenge to stay on Office 2016 and to use Teams. Basically the customer has a Office 2016 volume license and a Office 365 teams license. The Teams web version cannot integrate with the on prem mailbox because of Exchange 2013 (will be upgraded but not that fast). I hesitate to even try a side by side installation on the Citrix Desktop based on Windows 2016 server but I can't find enough information. I'm looking into arguments why this will or will not work and if it is supported.

Maybe you have an answer?

3 answers to this question

I have Teams (in machine-wide VDI mode, of course) installed on some MCS Win10 machines alongside volume-license Office 2016.   Works fine, in fact it makes no difference at all, works the same as some other machines which have Office365 installed.  

Meetings add-in for Outlook works OK, too, although we do have mail on O365 rather than local Exchange servers.

32 minutes ago, Michael Burnstead1709159565 said:

I have Teams (in machine-wide VDI mode, of course) installed on some MCS Win10 machines alongside volume-license Office 2016.   Works fine, in fact it makes no difference at all, works the same as some other machines which have Office365 installed.  

Meetings add-in for Outlook works OK, too, although we do have mail on O365 rather than local Exchange servers.

Thanks. Good to know.