Screen sharing not working in Teams on Ubuntu 20.04

Martin Brand1709162551

Question

Hi am using Workspace app 2012 on Ubuntu 20.04.1 to access our citrix application portal in order to use Microsoft Teams version 1.3.00.34662.

I am not  able to use screen sharing in this version. It was working with Teams Version 1.2

The lock files show the following error

Jan 21 15:47:52.962 webrtcapi.DesktopCapture Info: start.

Jan 21 15:47:52.965 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: start. can't find source with id = 0

Jan 21 15:47:52.965 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: captureFrame. screen capturer is already stopped

Jan 21 15:47:52.967 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: start. can't find source with id = 0

Jan 21 15:47:52.967 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: captureFrame. screen capturer is already stopped

Jan 21 15:47:52.968 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: start. can't find source with id = 0

Jan 21 15:47:52.968 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: captureFrame. screen capturer is already stopped

Jan 21 15:47:52.968 webrtcapi.RTCPeerConnection Info: OnIceConnectionChange. state = Checking

Jan 21 15:47:52.969 webrtcapi.http_proxy Info: CreateClientTcpSocket: proxy enabled.

Jan 21 15:47:52.969 webrtcapi.HttpProxyConfigLinux Info: getAddress: HTTP_PROXY env value is empty

Jan 21 15:47:52.969 webrtcapi.http_proxy Info: createProxy: invalid proxy configuration.

Jan 21 15:47:52.969 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: start. can't find source with id = 0

Jan 21 15:47:52.969 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: captureFrame. screen capturer is already stopped

Jan 21 15:47:52.970 webrtcapi.RTCPeerConnection Info: OnConnectionChange. id = 2 peer-connection-state = Connecting

Jan 21 15:47:52.970 webrtcapi.LinuxCWASessionWindowCapturer Error: start. can't find source with id = 0

Running hdxcheck.sh I get the following error

result=`loginctl show-session "$XDG_SESSION_ID" -p Type`
if [ "Type=wayland" = "`grep wayland <<< $result`" ]
then
    echo "Warning! - Your display server is Wayland. Your Desktop and App sessions will not work as expected!"
elif [ "Type=x11" = "`grep x11 <<< $result`" ]
then
    echo "Success! - Your display server is X11, compatible with your Desktop and App sessions"
else
    echo "Warning! - Your display server is not supported. Your Desktop and App sessions will not work as expected!"
fi

Looking into it I find, that XDG_SESSION_ID is not set on my Ubuntu 20.04.1 workstations.

I have not been able to figure out why.

Have you got any tipps on how this could be solved?

3 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply.

Well this  explains it then.

We are working seemless. 

At the weekend I downloaded and installed icaclient_21.1.0.8_amd64.

There was no change. However I have looked into the problem with XDG_SESSION_ID. As mentioned above i had the errors with this variable in the HDX log. I modified wfica.sh 

This is now

#!/bin/sh
ICAROOT=/opt/Citrix/ICAClient 
export ICAROOT
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

#Erweiterung setzen XDG_SESSION_ID Brand Martin
mbtest=`loginctl session-status`
mbtest2=(${mbtest[@]})
XDG_SESSION_ID=$(echo "$mbtest2" | cut -d" " -f1)
export XDG_SESSION_ID="${XDG_SESSION_ID}"

$ICAROOT/wfica -file $1

I have tested this on hdxcheck.sh and this does also run with this modification without throwing any errors.

So I am getting the session ID from loginctl session-status. This makes those errors can't find source with ID 0  dissappear. Here are the log files. 

I will have to get in contact with our CITRIX Administrator in order to test the desktop version. I will let you know about the result.

One more note.

What I don't unterstand about not working in seemless, that I do not have this problem when using teams 1.2. This  only happens with the current teams client.

ICAClient.7z