SOLVED - Citrix Workspace icaclient 2012.0.12 amd64 no audio on first join of Skype for Business meeting

Daniel Venema

Question

I am running Ubuntu 20.04.

Since upgrading to icaclient_20.12.0.12_amd64 and HDX_RealTime_Media_Engine_2.9.200_for_Linux_x64 my experience is that when joining a Skype meeting I have no sound. Other participants can hear me but I can't hear them. Leaving the meeting and rejoining immediately afterwards solves the issue (although most times it requires several leave / rejoin attempts).

I have this issue on an Intel NUC and on an Acer laptop, both with same citrix app versions.

In /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util I used configmgr to enable mic and webcam support.

Update 2021-01-05: I deinstalled the HDX RealTime Media Engine. This solves the issue. Also I experience no deterioration in sound quality of my Skype meetings.

Disadvantage of this fix is that my webcam is no longer recognized (but we use audio only) and the buttons of my Jabra headset control unit don't work.

Update 2021-01-06: abovementioned fix is not the solution unfortunately. Still having same problems. So for now I decided to totally forget Skype audio-calls through my attached Jabra USB-headset and let Skype call me on my cell phone. Might try again as soon as new versions of the Media Engine are available.

Update 2021-06-21:  I still had the same issue with Workspace 2104 and HDX Realtime Media Engine 2.9.300 (64 bit). However, based on suggestion from my company's IT Support, I upgraded to Ubuntu 21.04 and everything works perfectly allright now with Skype for Business and my Jabra  headset.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet