Issue in upgrading ELM

Akinola Oke

Question

I have upgraded ELM on many occasions without problem, however trying to upgrade from 2003 to 2009 seems to be creating some issues.

The process just get stuck on "The Enterprise Layer Manager upgrade is in progress", for over hours.

Even when left to run overnight, it is still in same state without coming to conclusion. 

Looking on the console of the instance on the Hypervisor, I do not observe any upgrade processing.

I have tried it thrice without any success. Luckily I am trying this on our test instance and always have a snapshot before any attempt.

Any idea what could be cause or where to look for this cause.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rob Zylowski1709158051 said:

How do you know its not working?  Can you not logon to the console after the upgrade?  Sometimes the UI windows doesnt complete but the upgrade does.  But the upgrade can also fail.  If you reboot after say 60 minutes and try to log on what happens?

Just tried it again and the update actually went through.

Only the UI was not updating.

I also observed automatic redirection to "https", which was not the case in the former version.

Thanks

On 10/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Rob Zylowski1709158051 said:

Yea one version in there did alot of security work.

Yeah, it was either 2003 or 2005, where the GUI would sit there until you just refreshed the screen. Is there a simple way to generate a self-signed certificate so that we don't get SSL cert errors before logging in, since it's now issued by 'localhost'?