Caseware - Uploading to HMRC - Error code 0x800C0006

Andy Malcolm

Question

Our Citrix environment has an issue with uploading Caseware 2018 XBRL to HMRC. 

This is the error we get:

image.thumb.png.97ddd8e6782944a5f892cc23d17e8a12.png

I can't find any useful reference to that error code on the internet so I am not sure where the problem lies. We do not have that issue on our physical devices on the same network. Caseware support have not been able to find a resolution so we are a bit stuck. They suggest it is having a problem contacting the website but the error message makes me think it's more like it's having trouble reading or creating a local file. After the error appears it finishes setting up the XRBL export but the file is empty.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Couple of suggestions:

I) Have you windows firewall enabled? if so - disable and test

ii) 3rd party firewall maybe present? eg McAfee - if so do same - the firewall component can be hidden in McAfee ENS - might need your admin to temporarily disable

iii) After you are looking at sniffing the traffic - wireshark is a great tool for this - wireshark.org

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply

1. Windows firewall is already off.

2. We have Webroot AV, I hadn't tried disabling this prior so gave it a go. Unfortunately it made no difference

3. I tried Wireshark but am not that familiar with it so struggled to interpret what I was seeing. I think it is probably our best bet long term if I can make more sense of it!

Andy