Updated Privacy Statement

Session reliability suspended the connection for user domain\user, session 5. source rpm

Iliya Iliev

Question

In the past few days I have been getting kicked off my xendesktop  and xenapp pretty much momentarily as they open/launch. 

Event viewer shows error Session reliability suspended the connection for user domain\user , session 5 and the source is listed as rpm.

Has anyone ran into this issue before? Everything seemed to worked fine until this point. 

Also note that this isnt happening with my test user account, but it did happen to another user earlier this morning. 

I have two Delivery controllers and two VDA server hosts 2019 server standard with a separate machine for the DB. 

I run ICAClient.x86_64-19.6.0.60-0.rpm package on CentOS 7.6, this is basically the standard for our environment. 

Can anyone recommend a good way to approach issues like these such as apps disappearing/closing out of nowhere? I usually try director but It never reports these session closes unfortunately. Currently i am testing this environment and plan on deploy into production soon to about 50 users but with one off problems like these I think i will be creating myself more headaches then making things more efficient. 

Thanks,

Capture.PNG

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Has any of you tried creating this regkey: 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Reconnect] "FastReconnect"=dword:00000000

if you don't see the "Reconnect" key, just create it under HKLM\Software\Citrix. 

We are  having similar issue with that Event ID 10-12 but it is related  "HTML5 Video Redirection" Policy. when we enable it, any user that goes to this website: payworks.ca in chrome gets disconnected and can't login until their session is force logged off. creating that regkey seems to have stopped the user disconnection to happen for now. 

We are using windows server 2019 TS and VDA 1912 CU2.

CTXFastReconnect.JPG

On 4/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, Christoph Sinabell said:

Hi cannot confirm. Seeing the same issues still on a vanilla 1912 CU2 with EDT disabled. Regards

Hi!

I can confirm that you are right. After ~3 weeks without any complains, we get internal tickets again. 

We have to open our case again :-( 

Edit: After EDT MTU our case is a little bit different. 80% experience screen freezing - thats mostly the issue we try to tackle. As far as I know, we also experience session disconnects (with same RPM errors) but the session freezing overshadowing the session disconnect issue. 

Edited by Patrick Matula
additional information

Hi, I just also noticed about this problem during the Installation of hotfixes and XenMotion migrated Terminal Server with a vGPU off. During the migration from one hypervisor to another it looks like it disconnects all sessions, they want to reconnect and I just see the rpm error.

image.thumb.png.ce2b67f490bf01f361e9f440d9f89108.png

Citrix VAD 1912CU3

IGEL Thin Clients

Citrix Hypervisor 8.2

Nvidia T4-84

Did anyone else experience such problems especially with a vGPU? 

Sorry to bring up an old thread here. 

A lot of good info in here and just wondering if there was ever a permanent fix in the end? 

We have a very intermittently issue using 1912 CU6 VDA on a mix of 2012R2 or 2016 servers. In most cases this is on App launch and Citrix Workspace app shows a Disconnected / Reconnect message box and then a login screen appears full screen. only way to get out of it is to kill the workspace process. 

client is CWA 19.12.7000

netscaler gateway 13.0 58.32

I've disabled DTLS and haven't had the issue return but as it's very intermittent it might be a while! I don't believe this is a valid fix though so was wondering if anyone had come across one that would keep DTLS enabled / Session reliability enabled. 

I haven't tried the MTU change yet so maybe that's worthwhile trying. 

Thanks,

Client_19_12_7000.thumb.JPG.5d60d9710c7bfb2ca3a7d86c10b9919a.JPG 

On 6/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, Alan Behan said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread here. 

A lot of good info in here and just wondering if there was ever a permanent fix in the end? 

We have a very intermittently issue using 1912 CU6 VDA on a mix of 2012R2 or 2016 servers. In most cases this is on App launch and Citrix Workspace app shows a Disconnected / Reconnect message box and then a login screen appears full screen. only way to get out of it is to kill the workspace process. 

client is CWA 19.12.7000

netscaler gateway 13.0 58.32

I've disabled DTLS and haven't had the issue return but as it's very intermittent it might be a while! I don't believe this is a valid fix though so was wondering if anyone had come across one that would keep DTLS enabled / Session reliability enabled. 

I haven't tried the MTU change yet so maybe that's worthwhile trying. 

Thanks,

Client_19_12_7000.thumb.JPG.5d60d9710c7bfb2ca3a7d86c10b9919a.JPG 

Hi we are using VDA version 2203 LTSR CU3 (2202.0.3000.3300) and the past few days have had users report the Connection Interrupted and that Citrix is trying to reconnect.  Applications are greyed out.  In some cases they reconnect on their own and other times we have to kill the users Citrix session before they can access it again.  

For us, we disabled Session Reliability and turned on ICA Keep Alive.  We haven't had the issue since but i'm not sure we have taken care of the root problem: a connection dropping.   I'm not sure if this is a legit connection drop at the network layer or if it's at the application layer between Workspace, our VDA's or Citrix Cloud.  No errors are being logged on the Client machine or the VDA servers.   

We would like to get comfort that there isn't actually a legit connection drop happening and that maybe it's a glitch in the Citrix software where Workspace thinks it lost network connection so it tries to reconnect.  We have resolved the issue of the Citrix application greying out and being disabled but i feel like we just fixed the symptom and not the actual underlying issue.  

Anyone have any comments or suggestions about why this would be happening?  Or how we can troubleshoot it further?   Or are we beating a dead horse and the issue was with Session Reliability only?  

Thanks so much!

Dave