WEM agent stock at (Please wait) Processing Filters Conditions

Kim Keith

Question

Hi,

Running WEM 4.6 on 2 Citrix Workers that are streamed by PVS (So both identical)

On the second servers users are getting a login WEM picture agent it says (Please wait) Processing Filters Conditions) and they are not coming any where and are stuck.

After i restart the server it works for a couple of days and then i have the problem again.

What can i do ? enable Logging on the second Citrix Workers ? or should i just upgrade the WEM agent to newest built ? i can i do that WEM agent 1811 with WEM console etc running 4.6 ?

Regards Kim 

8 answers to this question

We're having the same issue on 1811. Stuck at processing filters. No idea why. Tried to reinstall the agent without any joy. First experienced the issue on 1808, then upgraded to 1811 without resolution. It doesn't appear to be a global problem, but it's happening enough to be really annoying. We're also on PVS. I tried updating the image and reinstalled the WEM agent using the instructions here but still failed to get past the problem.  https://citrixguyblog.com/2017/05/04/citrix-workspace-environment-management-with-pvs-lesson-learned/

So we figured out our particular problem. Something funky with the appreadiness service. I'm not sure if this is because I was working around with some appx commands but disabling the service fixed the long login times. I have noticed that the start menu is taking longer to start up and search for some items which is probably related to killing the service. So I'll probably rebuild the image since mine was a poc anyways.

W2K19 CVAD 1912 CU2 (migrating to CU3) WEM  2012.1.01 Using Machine Creation Services (MCS)

I have a ticket open with Citrix on this and am going nowhere fast.

They don't read the ticket, they don't review the uploaded logs, they don't review the uploaded screen shots. They keep repeating themselves.

Then came the to run a startup script that clears the agent cache on reboot. The problem with their logic is when we build a new image, the Agent Cache is refreshed.

And- what is further frustrating is they are not reading the problem correctly -  "After i restart the server it works for a couple of days and then i have the problem again."   < -- taken from above.

In the ticket I mentioned the disable the app readiness service. Their reply was this is a Microsoft issue and they can provide no recommendation.  My response and still waiting, well, then what do we need to do from WEM.  #crickets

I have WEM debug logs, I have WEM user logs can anyone tell me what I need to look for? This has been going on for months. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~P.

W2K19 CVAD 1912 CU2 (migrating to CU3) WEM  2012.1.01 Using Machine Creation Services (MCS)

I have a ticket open with Citrix on this and am going nowhere fast.

They don't read the ticket, they don't review the uploaded logs, they don't review the uploaded screen shots. They keep repeating themselves.

Then came the to run a startup script that clears the agent cache on reboot. The problem with their logic is when we build a new image, the Agent Cache is refreshed.

And- what is further frustrating is they are not reading the problem correctly -  "After i restart the server it works for a couple of days and then i have the problem again."   < -- taken from above.

In the ticket I mentioned the disable the app readiness service. Their reply was this is a Microsoft issue and they can provide no recommendation.  My response and still waiting, well, then what do we need to do from WEM.  #crickets

I have WEM debug logs, I have WEM user logs can anyone tell me what I need to look for? This has been going on for months. Any help on this would be appreciate

I just found some information that this could also be a Microsoft problem.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/azure/virtual-desktop/windows-virtual-desktop-blank-screen

I will open a ticket with them.

Thanks!

~P.