Updated Privacy Statement

Slow speed through client mapped drive

Martin van der Meer

Question

Hi,

I have a Win 2008 R2 with XA 6.0 and connecting client drives at logon.
Accessing published desktop is done through Online Plugin.

When i want to copy paste somhting from client drive to server mapping it is very slow.
Like 1 KB/sec or slower.

I have read the article http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123995 and enabled Asynchronous writes in the XA policies, but it is not helping.

How knows a solution?

regards,

Martin

• Like 1

I’ve narrowed down the cause of the problem. It has something to do with either the WI-longcomputer names or the non drive name of the local disk mappings. New to xenapp 6/6.5.
If I give myself access to the command line. I then run “NET USE * \\Client\c$”
This maps a z: drive.

If I copy via the Z drive, it is super quick! If I copy using the “Local Disk (C: on WI_-Dpfskjdhfs)” it is so slooooow.

I still need to do some more testing to create a workaround.

Does anyone else notice this as well, or have a workaround so we can use the old standard client mapped drives..?

We actually logged a support case with Citrix to look into this problem. In the end the problem related to CA etrust antivirus software. After we removed this software completely from our servers, everything started to go quickly. Even the file copying to the Local drives is running normally.

I would recommend testing to a xenapp server in your farm that is a new build without any installed applications or virus software.

Just tested this also, if trying to access data to local resource with auto mapped drive in the format of "Local Disk (C: on Client)" it is painfully slow but if I manually map the drive to drive letter then i can access and copy files over at very reassonable speed. I really hope their is a fix out there for this asap.

Did you ever find a fix? We have the same prob