Updated Privacy Statement

Published App session roaming

Question

Just one short question.

We have Citrix DaaS with Windows 10 22H2 multisession from Azure as hosting environment.

Mostly, users are using published applications for work and not session desktop.

We have some requests that we configure session roaming for published app since some users are changing workstations and they want that printers be automatically redirected from proper local device from they connect but we didn't find that setting.
Only what we saw is that session roaming is working when user is connected over session desktop.

Is there a possibility to configure session roaming for published app session specifically?

2 answers to this question

Session roaming is a default behavior, it does not have to specifically be enabled: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/sessions.html#session-roaming. You will need to ensure the users do not logoff from their session, as this would cause the session to fully disconnect and they would have to start a new session next time they login. If the session is idle in the background, users should be able to reconnect to the already existing session.

It sounds like you may need to enable Workspace Control if users are roaming between devices: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/sessions.html#workspace-control

Thank you Emma... Yes. I found it yesterday afternoon... Basically, I was interested in Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule or Get-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule where I saw that SessionReconnection is configured to DisconnectOnly which was ok... Users didn't do disconnect :) They only switch...
We don't want to configure this parameter to Always because it will cause a lot of confusion...

Anyway, thank you again for your reply.