Welcome to our new Citrix community!

I can't make keyboard shortcuts correctly work in a remote windows session.

ocherniaiev

Question

Ctrl-left(right) shortcuts act as they are supposed to on Mac. However I would expect them to work in a remote windows session by moving a cursor word by word in a text document. And other shortcuts also doesn't work. Ctrl-Pause/break(I don't have a full-sized mac keyboard. Instead I press Ctrl-Fn-Esc), print-screen and so on, and so forth. Is it somehow configurable? I have to use a USB-redirected PC keyboard.

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Jeff Riechers said:

Modify the default.ica files for your connection so the Citrix Hotkeys don't overlap with those characters.

Probably you didn't understand. I want Citrix to suppress MacOS shortcuts and instead make it act remotely. Besides that - where is this "default.ica" supposed to be on my disk? I can't find it.

21 minutes ago, ocherniaiev said:

Probably you didn't understand. I want Citrix to suppress MacOS shortcuts and instead make it act remotely. Besides that - where is this "default.ica" supposed to be on my disk? I can't find it.

And it doesn't seem this file "default.ica" is present on my Mac. At least find / -iname default.ica -print shows nothing relevant.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:18 PM, Jeff Riechers said:

That default.ica is setup on the server side, not on the MAC.  Contact your Citrix Support desk and they would make the default.ica modifications there.

Actually the latest update 2402 does have this feature. Citrix - thank you.