Updated Privacy Statement

Issue With RDS License in Citrix Hosted Shared Desktop

Zulhadi Zainal

Question

Hi,

Currently my current Citrix customer that using Citrix HSD received an notification on the license error when their accessing to VDI/HSD that I suspect due to the RDS licensing.

Here the error/notification that they received when accessing to the Citrix HSD

image.thumb.png.bfa8112e9f07d9cd190cff4416ed2d28.png

image.thumb.png.c6f3e45ab070fd91f5d753dffc653d9b.png

I need an assistance and help for any expertise advise here on how can I check in the Citrix component that this is related to their RDS license issue? Can we check in license server or any citrix component that can show it to customer that this is related to RDS license server issue and not the Citrix component issue? Appreciate any advise on this matter. Thanks

Regards,

Zulhadi

3 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

In Server Manager, you can add a Feature called Remote Desktop Licensing Diagnoser. Run it to see the problem.

Do you have a GPO that defines the address of the Remote Desktop Licensing Server? Is your GPO set to pull Per User licenses instead of Per Device?

Hi @Carl Stalhood,

Thank for your response on my query. Very appreciate on this.

In Server Manager, you can add a Feature called Remote Desktop Licensing Diagnoser. Run it to see the problem.

- That mean I run it at Server Manager at the server that installed as Remote Desktop Licensing? Can you advise on this?

Do you have a GPO that defines the address of the Remote Desktop Licensing Server? Is your GPO set to pull Per User licenses instead of Per Device?

- I'm not sure about this Carl since current setup of this Citrix HSD environment, I'm not involved. That why, I try to understand about the RDS licensing integrated with the Citrix HSD.

16 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Hi @Carl,

Can I ask you something? For the Citrix HSD environment, how the Citrix HSD mapped/communicate with RDS licensing server to get the license for each session? There is some configuration need to be done on RDS License server to map the license session to HSD to ensure the user can use HSD with proper RDP session? I hope you understand my question. Thanks