Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Autoscale for Onprem LTSR

Jaypal Singh 2

Question

Hi,

I am seeking help and suggestions . I need to decide whether we should stay with Citrix LTSR onprem deployment or migrate to Citrix DaaS. 

Key feature in decision making is Citrix Autoscale or any other form of cost saving. However, I got to know that Autoscale is available in onprem current release now. Could you suggest if there are chances of getting autoscale in onprem LTSR version as well? If that is expected, we might decide to stay onprem. 

Your expertise and valuable inputs would be very helpful. 

Thanks a lot!

2 answers to this question

Citrix direction is that the product sets should be effectively on par - it's just the Cloud will likely get new features first due to the release pipelines etc

If you want to compare being on prem to Citrix Cloud from a feature standpoint, you probably need to shift the thinking to more of a Current Release strategy. The next LTSR is going to have a load more stuff, but like any LTSR, it will be static capability whilst the CR and Cloud streams run ahead with new stuff so you will end up watching features arrive that you won't have in LTSR - Autoscale for example is something that has features added to it fairly regularly

On 1/15/2024 at 1:07 PM, James Kindon said:

Citrix direction is that the product sets should be effectively on par - it's just the Cloud will likely get new features first due to the release pipelines etc

If you want to compare being on prem to Citrix Cloud from a feature standpoint, you probably need to shift the thinking to more of a Current Release strategy. The next LTSR is going to have a load more stuff, but like any LTSR, it will be static capability whilst the CR and Cloud streams run ahead with new stuff so you will end up watching features arrive that you won't have in LTSR - Autoscale for example is something that has features added to it fairly regularly

Thank you for the guidance!