Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace - 1612

Jason MacDonell

Question

Hi All:

I'm having difficulties. My company has an MDT image that pushes out an older Citrix Workspace app as a part of imaging. This version, 22.x, is a part of a base Win10 image we use to provision our endpoints and hasn't been updated with the latest workspace from Citrix.

I ran the CitrixFullWorkSpaceInstaller (23.9.1.104) to update a recently imaged machine from 22.x This installation failed (1612 XENAPP WEB PLUGIN).

I've since tried to run /CLEANINSTALL, /FORCEINSTALL and it fails. I've tried to run the Citrix Receiver Cleanup utility in the PRogram Files(x86)Citrix directory and it completes.

Anyways, I'm completely stumped. I can't clean up, remove, or repair the installation.

I really need some help here. PS. We use the Workspace as a part of a subscription to a 3rd party provider. Their Citrix support is terrible. They barely know what the workspace is.

Anyways, just really looking to see if anyone has a doc on how to manually (and fully) remove all remnants of the Citrix workspace. Or, how to get more info about error 1612 XenAppWebPlugin. I can find almost nothing online about these errors.

The trolleey express logs show that the installationw as not successful XENAPP WEB PLUGIN ERROR 1612.

PS. If I wasn't clear, this was a unit freshly imaged, not in production. New image with the 22.x workspace client and then a straight run of the 23.9 full offline installer which bombed.

1 answer to this question