Unknown Power State with MCS VMs

Mike Maggio1709162854

Question

We have quite a number of VMs, created with MCS, that arein an unknown power state. We are using Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 CUJ1. I have read this article about how to fix the issues;  https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2023/02/13/how-to-fix-vms-that-continuously-show-an-unknown-power-state/

However, when I try to run this command in PowerShell, Get-ProvVmInUnknownPowerState , I get an error message stating that the command is not recognized. I have already loaded the Citrix Powershell modules.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Mike Maggio

4 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Did you download the script from github and execute it from that directory in powershell?  Powershell is very particular about execution locations, and the .\ preceding the command.

I have also had this happen with VMWare in the past, and have had to test connection to the hypervisor, and then restart the DDC services to get them to come back.  Did the account used to connect to XenServer change recently?

Thanks Jeff. No I didn't know there was a script in github. Do you have the link?  The accounts have not changed and we are using Citrix Hypervisor. Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

Did you download the script from github and execute it from that directory in powershell?  Powershell is very particular about execution locations, and the .\ preceding the command.

I have also had this happen with VMWare in the past, and have had to test connection to the hypervisor, and then restart the DDC services to get them to come back.  Did the account used to connect to XenServer change recently?