Updated Privacy Statement

Set up a new Citrix environment in coexistence with the existing one through the same Citrix Gateway.

Egberto Zanetti1709163571

Question

Hello al

I administer a Citrix CVAD environment version 1912 LTSR where we have an Access Gateway pointing to two Load-Balancing Storefront Servers.

I need to create a new environment on different hardware, with a new database, new Delivery Controllers, and new StoreFront Servers. Only the Citrix gateway will remain the same.

My question is, how can I do this in coexistence with the current environment? What configurations should I make on the Gateway so that both environments are available using the same external URL?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hi Ezzanetti373

yes you can have multiple stores configured on a StoreFront server and they can be individually accessed by specifying the full URL. They can point to completely different farms / delivery controllers if required too.

Regards

Ken Z

• Like 2

if you want to set up an Active Directory "test group" that gets redirected to another StoreFront server on the VIP, you can do that by creating a Local group with the  same name

Go to NetScaler Gateway > User Administration > AAA Groups

Create a new group with an identical name to the Active Directory "test group" (case sensitive if I remember correctly)

bind a new session policy that's configured to redirect to the new StoreFront

Regards

Ken Z

EDIT: It's years since I did this so this is from memory. you may need to mess around to get things working.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, Ken Zygmunt said:

Hi Ezzanetti373

yes you can have multiple stores configured on a StoreFront server and they can be individually accessed by specifying the full URL. They can point to completely different farms / delivery controllers if required too.

Regards

Ken Z

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate your help!