how to configure cs policylabel so it can be binded to multiple cs vips?

Jarno Nousiainen

I have a client that has a ton of cs policies in one cs vip, they are binded into cs policylabel. Now we want to have a second cs vip with exact same policies binded so binding the same cs policylabel to this second vip looks like a smart move. However when I have created a second cs vip and try to bind the cs policylabel to it Netscaler gives me an error:

"ERROR: Multiple Bind not supported for Content Switching Advanced policies without action"

I have checked that all policies binded to policylabel indeed have action so it leaves the policylabel itself since it has no action...

I found this article from Citrix from 2017 that describes that I should use classic policy instead of advanced so this will work but since the classic policies are EOL now there must be another solution for this. Also article has a link to https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX203957 but that returns just "The page you’re trying to view isn't here"

So how about it, how can I configure the cs policylabel that it can be binded to multiple cs vips using advanced policies?

• 1 month later...

Well, you are right, you should not use

On 11/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jarno Nousiainen said:

"ERROR: Multiple Bind not supported for Content Switching Advanced policies without action"

classic policies anymore! But look at the error message? What does it say? It talks about cs-policies without action. I consider cs-policies without action to be outdated. Create a cs-action, bind it to the policy and you may bind this policy to any cs-vserver you like. Just gave it a try.

However, a cs-policy with an action can't invoke a cs-policy label. So you have to create seperate dummy policies for each cs-vserver.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

It depends on what the policy is doing.  They usually will block it out so that you don't have 2 vips looking for the same hostname. 

Oh. In the days of old, I had an HTTP and an SSL vServer with equivalent hostnames quite often (that's why we needed persistence groups). It used to be normal. Nowadays this setup is less popular.