Updated Privacy Statement

Microsoft Teams Citrix HDX MultiScreen

Mark Clayton1709155289

Question

We are currently trying to get the MS Teams client to default to multi screen in our Citrix environment. We are running Windows Server 2016 with Citrix VDA 2203 CU3 LTSR

MS Teams client version:

The Teams client seems to default to the single UI meeting mode which is being retired in January 2024. This only happens using Teams HDX optimized mode. If I turn off the HDX optimisation then the client doesn't display the below warning banner:

image.thumb.png.a1ffc805bc0abc94fcc8f35fddb52982.png

Does anyone else get this same behaviour? I have raised a support request to Citrix as Microsoft advised this is a Citrix issue as it workings fine in Azure virtual desktop apparently.

If the user clicks restart on the banner and then re opens Teams it then works fine.

As we are running non persistent we have found we need to persist the teams cache folder to maintain this otherwise it resets after each logon

3 answers to this question

On 10/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, Mark Clayton1709155289 said:

As we are running non persistent we have found we need to persist the teams cache folder to maintain this otherwise it resets after each logon

Mark this exactly how it works - fresh installation always runs old single-window mode. On first start it loads something from Teams backend and informs the user to restart - only then multi-window mode becomes active. This happens when you delete Teams cache as well..

@willi weikumThat's interesting as Microsoft are removing support for the single-window mode from 31st January 2024 so I would have thought the client would default to multi-window before this point? I did raise it with Citrix and they are blaming Microsoft. If you disable the Citrix HDX its fine. I guess we will have to see what happens to new users after the 31st January 2024...