Updated Privacy Statement

Assigning user when adding machine to delivery group using REST API in C#

Jeremy Gove

Question

Does anyone know the proper syntax for the JSON body in the HTTP request when assigning a user while adding a machine to a delivery group using REST API in C#?

I can add a machine with no users.  However, if I try to assign a user, it either still adds it without a user, or it returns a 400 error.

I made a custom object for the request body based on the documentation and serialize that, but I've also tried the JSON manually.  I've tried these and probably some variations (for some reason, it tends to serialize the C# string "domain\\computername" with four slashes, even though I'm escaping the slash character -- if I put in one slash the code doesn't compile).

As you can see below, I've tried my U.P.N. for the username, as well as domain\username.

"{\"MachineCatalog\":\"CatalogueName\",\"Count\":1,\"AssignMachinesToUsers\":{\"Users\":[\"myupn\"],\"Machine\":\"domain\\computername\"}}"
"{\"MachineCatalog\":\"CatalogueName\",\"Count\":1,\"AssignMachinesToUsers\":{\"Users\":[\"domain\\myusername\"],\"Machine\":\"domain\\computername\"}}"
"{\"MachineCatalog\":\"CatalogueName\",\"Count\":1,\"AssignMachinesToUsers\":{\"Users\":[\"myupn\"],\"Machine\":\"domain\\\\computername\"}}"

"{\"MachineCatalog\":\"CatalogueName\",\"Count\":1,\"AssignMachinesToUsers\":{\"Users\":[\"domain\\myusername\"],\"Machine\":\"domain\\\\computername\"}}"

This is the guide I am following:

https://developer-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-daas-service-apis/citrix-daas-rest-apis/apis/#/DeliveryGroups-APIs/DeliveryGroups-DoAddMachines

Thank you!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet