Updated Privacy Statement

Problem with Start Menu after update VDA from 2206 to 2212

Angel Fernandez Diaz

Question

I'm using Citrix Profile Management and VDA 2203, the issue arises when I try to update VDA to version 2212.

After updating my catalog of machines created in a lab environment, the start menu is corrupted and empty.

I have tried the following solutions:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent Add REG_DWORD Value 1

2. Added start menu redirections to the Citrix Profile GPO

3. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/profile-management/current-release/profile-management-best-practices.html#start-menu-roaming

But the result is the same at 3 solutions, If I rollback the catalog It works correctly.

The main objective is to update to version 2305 in order to use the merge solution on VHDX files

VDA 2203  VDA 2203.png                VDA 2212  UPDATE VDA 2212.png

4 answers to this question

Can you try this within a broken profile? https://github.com/JonathanPitre/Scripts/blob/master/StartMenu/Reset-StartMenu.ps1

Let's make sure 100% there is no narky folder redirection in the mix (I have asked Citrix to fix that article above to make it clear start menu redirection, along with appdata, is a definite no no)

Looking to understand whether the script:

• Fixes it
  • Breaks again on your next logon if it does fix it. This would indicate something broken in your profile configuration 

Are you using autoconfig or manual config for your UPM setup? the Sync/Mirror bits can be crazy temperamental with Start Menu roaming

Also, there is no other "Hide Common Programs" settings coming in from anywhere is there? GPO, WEM, BIS-F etc?