Updated Privacy Statement

Citrix Cloud migration from classic on premise environment - is it viable?

Chris King1709162761

Question

Hi folks,

we have a classic on prem environment with Netscaler, Forefront, SQL and licensing with three terminal services servers. We have a license for 80 concurrent users although most of the time we just have 10-20 online. We use Windows Terminal Services running on VMware  and Virtual Apps that are installed on those servers.

My question: we will be renewing our environment soon so would it make sense to use Citrix Cloud for the Netscaler, Forefront, Licensing...............  and host just the terminal services servers op premise?

I heard that we need a minimum of 250 licenses to be able use the Citrix Cloud sollution.

Any advice much appreciated.

Chris

2 answers to this question

On 8/23/2023 at 2:34 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Correct. Minimum is 250 named users or 100 concurrent. Or you can go to a Citrix Service Provider for smaller quantities.

There are pros and cons to on-prem vs cloud. A partner can help you decide. The choice is usually for non-technical reasons.

Thanks, Carl. I have a vid chat with my Citrix partner set for tomorrow. It sounds like a good sollution to me - much less work with patching etc. Cheers, Chris.