Problem with Workspace launching desktops

Chris Descoteau

Question

Hello, I am really hoping someone may have some insight into this problem. This has been going on since last fall and came out of nowhere on machines that were previously functioning properly.

We have laptops that are domain joined that use Citrix for remote access. When they login outside of the domain with cached credentials and try to launch a desktop after signing into the gateway the window just stays stuck on "Connecting". It will eventually crash after 30-60 minutes. If you try the desktop again it will now launch.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I was able to narrow this down to the domain printers from a Windows print server. If I get rid of the domain printers, there is no problem. If I log into the domain network there is no problem because it can see the printers.

My only work around right now is having the users sign in to their device then connect to a network. As long as they log in with no network then either connect to WiFi or plug in, it works fine.

Possible solutions that I have tried are:

Deleting all Group Policy

Updating, downgrading Workspace

Clean uninstall reinstall of Workspace (using the utilities)

Fresh Windows build fully updated

Citrix Policies (Map All printers, Map only default Printer, Map only local printers, Map no Printers)

Citrix Gateway and Storefront (v13.0) fully up to date

Many hours with escalated Citrix Support

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet