Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MDX file for the B2B iOS apps(Xamarin forms technology) distributed by using private App Store (Custom app)and accessible through ABM

Aditya Teje

Question

Hello Team,

We have distributed iOS app which are developed in Xamarin Forms by using Private App Store(Custom app release) and we are able to see the app ABM(Apple Business manager).

We have uploaded MDX file on CEM portal as well but When we saw the Citrix  debug logs using the methods built in to Secure Hub then Secure Hub claims the app is not installed. Attempting to launch the app from within Secure Hub gives the same error message although we have uploaded MDX file on CEM portal.

I have a doubt in MDX file only. There is one option of StoreURL.  As per the Citrix MAM documentation, we need store URL only when we upload the app on any public or private store. Right now we have done the private app diistribution. 

We have put app store url of our app for the parameter StoreURL in MDX file but app is accessible thought ABM not from App Store.

So my questions are:

1.  StoreURL- Which URL should we use? (App Store or ABM or any other way of doing it)

2. Do we need to change anything in the MDX file?

3. In Visual Studio, There is one thing called URL Types where we add the URL Schemes along with Document Roles and URL identifier. In iOS app distribution document(using Xcode and Swift) of the Citrix, adding URL Types is mentioned over there but when we downloaded the Citrix test app for the Xamarin forms, I have not seen any URL types added for iOS project.

- Xamarin forms Citrix app release linkhttps://github.com/citrix/citrix-mam-sdks/releases/tag/23.1.1

- IOS app(Xcode and Swift) Citrix app document linkhttps://developer.cloud.com/citrixworkspace/mobile-application-integration/mam-sdk-for-ios-and-ipados/docs/integrate-mam-sdk

I am bit confused whether we need to use URL types for Xamarin forms iOS app or not. If we do not use it then will this be causing any issue?

This is the urgent issue needs to be resolved earliest. Requesting Citrix developers to have a look into it.

1 answer to this question