Updated Privacy Statement

Resource Locations and FAS servers via script (SDK or API)

Ozzy Osman

Question

I am looking for a way to add a new Resource Location in Citrix cloud (DaaS) using either the PowerShell SDK or the APIs.

Looking at the documentation for both, I do not see any commands or API calls that will allow me to do this. The closest is "config-zones" but that's not really a Resource Location.

I also would like to associate/add a FAS server to that Resource Location once created programmatically.

1 answer to this question

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Citrix Cloud (including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, formerly known as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp) didn't have direct API support for creating new Resource Locations programmatically. Resource Locations were typically managed through the Citrix Cloud web interface.

However, you could use the Citrix Cloud PowerShell SDK to perform various administrative tasks, including setting up Resource Locations and associating FAS (Federated Authentication Service) servers. Note that my information may be outdated, and Citrix might have introduced new features and APIs since then. Always refer to the latest Citrix Cloud documentation and release notes for the most up-to-date information.

Here's an example of how you can use the Citrix Cloud PowerShell SDK to associate a FAS server to an existing Resource Location:

# Load the Citrix Cloud PowerShell SDK module
Import-Module "Citrix.Cloud.SDK"

# Connect to Citrix Cloud
Connect-CcAccount

# Get the Resource Location you want to modify (replace 'ResourceLocationName' with the actual name)
$resourceLocation = Get-CcResourceLocation -Name "ResourceLocationName"

# Get the FAS server you want to associate (replace 'FAS_Server_FQDN' with the actual FAS server's FQDN)
$fasServer = Get-CcFasServer -Fqdn "FAS_Server_FQDN"

# Associate the FAS server to the Resource Location
Add-CcResourceLocationFasServer -ResourceLocationId $resourceLocation.ResourceLocationId -FasServerId $fasServer.FasServerId

Please ensure you have installed the latest version of the Citrix Cloud PowerShell SDK and authenticate using appropriate credentials before running the script.