Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Epic compatibility issue with Citrix Workspace app 2305 for Mac

Eli Baron

Question

I have used the epic software through Citrix as part of a large medical organization. I am runningVersion: 23.04.0.36 (2304). Upgrading to  Citrix Workspace app 2305 results in Epic crashing. This is both on an Intel and a Silicon Mac. Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Eli Baron

5 answers to this question

We are also experiencing this issue with the latest Workspace for Mac version 2305.  This same issue was introduced in the 2210 Workspace for Mac release and was fixed in 2301.  It looks like this bug was re-introduced in this latest release.  Nothing in the Citrix notes yet regarding this.  Our workaround has been to downgrade users to 2304.

Hi Carl, I get a content restricted error when clicking that link.  I don't believe that is the issue we are seeing here though.  This issue is specific to the 2305 Workspace for Mac release and the Epic application.  We experienced the same bug with the 2210 Workspace for Mac release.  This was fixed in 2301 but it appears it may have been re-introduced again in 2305.  The workarounds listed here also don't work.

image.thumb.png.01225bbdd29caa0ef5019e4a5d8a2001.png

We are also seeing that 2306 resolves the issue.  No mention of this bug in either the 2305 or 2306 release notes.  Pretty significant issue for hospital systems that use Epic.  A bit disconcerting that Citrix never even publicly acknowledged the issue.

Edit:  They did add a note about this issue.  Was not there yesterday.