Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Storefront 2202 cu2 Browser Extension not really doing anything

Jeff Riechers

So I am working in my lab to enable the Add-STFFeatureState -Name "Citrix.StoreFront.EnableBrowserExtension " -IsEnabled $True function.

I have enabled this on my storefront, done an iisreset, and installed the Workspace Web Extension.  But I notice no difference whatsoever.  I see the icon go green on my storefront site, but detection still shows up on the page, and it pops the browser message to run detection.  Enabling this feature doesn't seem to change any of the behavior I have currently.

Am I missing something on what this feature is supposed to do?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

Are you a first time user to the StoreFront after enabling the browser extension? If you check the documentation at https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/plan/optimize-user-experience.html#prerequisites the notes section indicates you need to perform redetection. There is also a minimum version of the CWA you need installed for this to work.

Ross.

Hi Jeff,

The minimum version required is CWA 2203 LTSR CU2 and later.

Also I can see that the command used by you might have a blank space between Extension and closing quotation marks. 
Do let us know with the above changes if you are able to see the difference?

..Extension "

• Like 1

I believe it's a typo about "StoreFront 2202 CU2" as there is no StoreFront 2202 CU2, and what's recently released was StoreFront 2203 CU2.

Hi Jeff, When you see the old client detection page(with a button for you to click to trigger detection),  you can click the Browser Extension icon from tool bar to confirm if it showing status as "Detected" or "Not Detected", which respectively indicates Browser Extension is successfully talking to native CWA or not. StoreFront client detection can only work when Browser Extension has successfully connected to native CWA, so you should see a "Detected" from where for StoreFront to work. if you see a "Not Detected", then probably there is something unexpected with CWA(an unsupported version or issue in installation).

On 6/16/2023 at 2:23 AM, Roopam Das said:

Hi Jeff,

The minimum version required is CWA 2203 LTSR CU2 and later.

Also I can see that the command used by you might have a blank space between Extension and closing quotation marks. 
Do let us know with the above changes if you are able to see the difference?

..Extension "

The space did it.  I copied this from the doc and missed that trailing space. It now is detecting correctly and not saving the ica file first.