Upgrade Citrix UPM

Zulhadi Zainal

Question

Hi All,

I need some verification on Citrix UPM upgrade.

I just upgrade all my Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops components and site from version 1912 to version 2203 last week. But only pending component that I not upgrade yet is VDA in the Master Image and push to all VDA machine.

My question that need an advise here is,

If I'm done a VDA upgrade later, should I upgrade also the Citrix UPM or no need to upgrade? Can anyone advise on this as I never experience the upgrade of UPM before this. Appreciate any response on this matter. Thanks

5 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

Always upgrade UPM, 99% of the time it will be handled as part of the VDA upgrade process

Make sure to go and update the ADMX files accordingly if you are using GPO to drive UPM

Hi James,

Thank for your response. 

Just asking, if I'm configure UPM using Citrix Studio, how method that I can use for upgrade the UPM? Any reference or documentation that I can refer for this purpose?

Thanks

Regards,

Zulhadi

If you are using Studio then the policy engine will be updated automatically by the upgrade process

No difference for the VDA - You can read up on the upgrade process for Citrix on the documentation site, but the VDA upgrade utility is pretty smart and will tell you what's there and what will be upgraded

23 hours ago, James Kindon said:

If you are using Studio then the policy engine will be updated automatically by the upgrade process

No difference for the VDA - You can read up on the upgrade process for Citrix on the documentation site, but the VDA upgrade utility is pretty smart and will tell you what's there and what will be upgraded

Hi James,

Is it if I upgrade the VDA in the master image and then push an update to all VDA machine, it consider the UPM also been upgraded? Just want clarify on this matter. Thanks

Regards,

Zulhadi