Identify Disconnected sessions then reboot VDIs

David Begbie1709163777

Question

Hi,

Looking to find a script that will help me temporarily before I fix this issue properly...

I need to identify all NP VDIs that have disconnected sessions running over 4 hours. Then I need to shut these VDIs down.

Identifying the VDIs with the target sessions is no problem but then invoking a power action is the bit I cant get.  Logging the session off is not an option, I need to shut each target machine down.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

There you go, you can use the same logic without an export/import directly in your script to just pull the machines into an array, and then loop through the array

$Criteria = "Get your list of machines here"

then something like 

foreach ($computer in $Criteria) {
	write-host "computer Name is: $($computer.Name)"
	New-BrokerHostingPowerAction -Action TurnOff -MachineName $computer.Name
}

• Like 1
On 3/8/2023 at 11:01 PM, James Kindon said:

Thanks for the reply James.

New-BrokerHostingPowerAction -Action TurnOff -MachineName 'VDINamehere' works but switching the "TurnOff command to Shutdown doesnt.  I know I have a more serious problem with ghost sessions but just tryng to find a quick way to get on an even keel in terms of healthy user sessions and machines until I get a chance to upgrade the VDA etc.

Do you have an example of using PS to run this New-BrokerHostingPowerAction -Action TurnOff -MachineName 'VDINamehere' command against an list of VDIs in .txt or .csv?

Thanks