Updated Privacy Statement

HTML5 connections to Virtual Aps:

Bril licenses

Question

HTML5 client error in session log:

SESSION:|:ICA:|:TRANSPORT:|:DRIVER:|:error with code=18 , name=SecurityError , message=The operation is insecure

As per the Citrix Support article it says for this issues one of the 2 below solutions should work. I cannot use solution 1 now.

so I configured the connections to go through NetScaler ADC. the issue persists.

if i am using Workspace client all connections are OK.

I even tried enabling the firewall setting to all not secure communication over html.

Solution 1 is to enable SSL on the VDA using the following guide:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/secure/tls.html

This will ensure that the connection path is SSL enabled between the internal client and the VDA.

Solution 2 is to have your connections from the clients first go through a Citrix Gateway. Citrix Gateway will proxy the connections and perform a SSL handshake between the client and the Citrix Gateway.  In this scenario there is no inconsistency and connections via HTML5 Receiver will succeed.

after firefox setting change.log Notepad++.log

3 answers to this question

thanks Jeff for the response.

attached is my http profile. I have tried including the all websockets option but the issue persists. and ofcourse I am using this with ICP proxy.

Although I am not quite use my ICA proxy setting is effective. because I realize even if I am using the Workspace app and not the html the established sessions are directly from the client IP to VDA. so how exactly is my ADC doing a proxy for ICA connection? i dont know

image.png