Updated Privacy Statement

Is Citrix Workspace 2302 supported in Azure Virtual Desktop running Edge on Windows 10

Dan Greenley

Question

I am attempting to run Citrix Workspace 2302 in an Azure/Windows Virtual Desktop that is running Windows 10. This runs perfect on my physical Windows 10 laptop so I know my account credentials are good. In my VDI environment it does not detect my Citrix Workspace install even though Program & Features shows it installed. I have reinstalled several times.  All local firewalls are off. When I continue past that selecting "already installed" I get my ica file. When I attempt to open ica file I get Protocol Driver Error after about 20 seconds. I also have tried Chrome and FireFox. I see a post about this possibly working in IE11 but I am blocked from trying that. Thanks for any clarification on this.

Workspace_Protocol.png

3 answers to this question

Thanks for responding. I am new to this scenario. I uninstall the version in Programs and Features our people pushed out through SCCM and click on the install in the prompt when it is detecting Citrix Workspace. Version 23.2.0.38 installs so not sure which version that is. I did install the Workspace Browser extension for Edge and it detects my Workspace install - does not detect my Workspace install on the normal detect page. This same install works on my physical laptop.

I only see one URL in the ICA file - image.thumb.png.0daeee3ebcc36ff45b36788df5b0cc74.png(which is Azure cloud)

My StoreFront page opens successfully to Https://cas.openlinkcloud.com/Citrix/ <our system>

image.thumb.png.06550b2e31640e5dcdddfc5b49c79c49.png

image.thumb.png.29b4f16619466c75a37749ac41e8193e.png

Ping must be blocked in our VDI system

This ended up being a bug (?) in our internet facing firewall. We had to temporarily disable SSL decryption on the URL in play to confirm the issue is within that module of the firewall. No blocks are showing in the firewall logs so a very challenging issue.

Edited by Dan Greenley
typo