Updated Privacy Statement

Opening Web links from MS Teams, open the web link in 2 tabs instead of 1

Question

Good Day,

We have observed a behavior when opening a web links from Teams chats, the web links open in 2 tabs instead of 1 tab. This is observed with Teams running in new experience mode on VDI. 

Tested on Windows 10 20H2 with MS Teams 1.5.00.21463 (64-bit). Citrix HDX Optimized

VDA 2203 or 2203 CU1

I did break HDX optimization the issue is still present. Clearing Teams cache, will fix it temporarily till Teams prompts to restart for new enhancement experience and issue is back.

Thought?

8 answers to this question

On 8/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, Clement Thuraisamy1709163503 said:

Good Day,

We have observed a behavior when opening a web links from Teams chats, the web links open in 2 tabs instead of 1 tab. This is observed with Teams running in new experience mode on VDI. 

Tested on Windows 10 20H2 with MS Teams 1.5.00.21463 (64-bit). Citrix HDX Optimized

VDA 2203 or 2203 CU1

I did break HDX optimization the issue is still present. Clearing Teams cache, will fix it temporarily till Teams prompts to restart for new enhancement experience and issue is back.

Thought?

On 9/6/2022 at 3:32 AM, willi weikum said:

We see this with lot of users as well (but not all).
Different browsers Teams 1.5.00.19563 (and previous 1.5.00.17...)

VDA 2112 + CWA 2203, 2206, 2207

Any help appreciated..

Easy to repro. Dont know what is the cause - let me ping Microsoft directly

On 9/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

Easy to repro. Dont know what is the cause - let me ping Microsoft directly

Hi Fernando, I'm wondering you ever got an answer from MS?
In the meanwhile we found the issue is related to "new meeting experience" - as long you don't switch to "new meeting experience" click on URL opens only one Tab.. directly after switch and restart URLs open twice..

3 hours ago, willi weikum said:

Hi Fernando, I'm wondering you ever got an answer from MS?
In the meanwhile we found the issue is related to "new meeting experience" - as long you don't switch to "new meeting experience" click on URL opens only one Tab.. directly after switch and restart URLs open twice..

This should be fixed already in Ring 4..is it still happening with the new meeting experience? 

Are you in GCC/GCC High/DOD rings?

we are still seeing this in "normal" commercial tenant.

Have MS case open - they confirmed at least one other customer reported this issue as well. the issue was forwarded to product group. no news since one week now.

Update Nov 2022: MS reported update to 1.5.00.28361 should fix the issue - but didn't help in my environment.

Edited by willi weikum
On 10/24/2022 at 5:14 AM, willi weikum said:

we are still seeing this in "normal" commercial tenant.

Have MS case open - they confirmed at least one other customer reported this issue as well. the issue was forwarded to product group. no news since one week now.

Update Nov 2022: MS reported update to 1.5.00.28361 should fix the issue - but didn't help in my environment.

Did Microsoft ever figure this out? We've been seeing this for a few months now and it is getting kind of old. We are on Teams 1.5.00.33362.

latest update from MS was Teams version 1.5.00.32658 ("Dec train" release in Jan 2023) should fix it but I still the issue on 1.5.0.36367..

On 1/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, Alex Calvin said:

Did Microsoft ever figure this out? We've been seeing this for a few months now and it is getting kind of old. We are on Teams 1.5.00.33362.

@alex calvin I would recommend to open MS support case.. may it puts more priority. My support case is 33443544 for your reference.