Updated Privacy Statement

Cloud DaaS and Sophos

Matt Sherman

Question

Since changing over from SEP to Sophos Intercept X, we've been having multiple issues with user connectivity. This has been going on for almost 3 months. We have 6 VDAs for app delivery and we're using UPM on Server 2016. The problems and errors got so bad that I had to remove Sophos from all of our VDAs, except 1, for testing purposes. From the user side, they experience random slow connectivity, the workspace app loads about 90% then just goes away without the app opening, and the following error.

image.thumb.png.ceaf9373ce6fdf83097c5d0080af6bc8.png

One for the fist step we took was to create a Sophos policy and add the file/folder and process exclusions recommended by Citrix. We then added the one VDA that has Sophos installed to that policy

Citrix Recommended Antivirus Exclusions | Citrix Blogs

We added all exclusions, even the ones that did not apply to our environment.

Doing this did not help much. 

After contacting Citrix support, they had us override the setting on the VDA and disable real time scanning of files and internet

image.thumb.png.bf38105dbbfd236ba66285a005cbe264.png

This seemed to help a little, but not much. The 1 VDA with Sophos installed always has less users connected to it compared to the other 5 VDAs.

Sophos support had me run their diagnostic utility (SDU) and do a process monitor log. To this point, they have not been able to tell me what's causing this condition

We can't be the only organization having this problem. If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions, I'd REALLY appreciate the input

Thanks,

Matt

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet