Citrix Virtual apps 22xx Windows 2019-2022 problem session closed

Question

Hello team,

I install new farm for my client in version Windows Server 2022 with last version of citrix virtual apps (2203) and with all my farm, i have frequently session bloqued during the session off.

image.thumb.png.d39f01c0a10cbe9b6da293969c03163f.png

When i close Windows Logon User interace Host, session close all process but session are alway opening like that:

image.thumb.png.09386a7d11b2139f9382c465db4918dd.png

The solution, reboot everyday the server to close session and all are good for 24 hour.

I have try in Windows server 2016, no problem, 2019 problem, 2022 problem.

Do you have same problem ?

All are in fresh install: Delivery controler, Storefront, ADC, Server with Delivery agent.

8 answers to this question

Hi Jeremy,

a few questions:

1. "during the session off" => what does this mean ? Did you mean during logoff perhaps ?

2. What's the client pc OS ?

3. What's the client pc Workspace app version ?

4. Can you try setting the following reg key on the VDA server and rebooting it (or set it in the PVS image in write modus) and see if that makes any difference ?

image.thumb.png.51111259a50bf32d2c22b36dee686dab.png

13 hours ago, Andy Vanderbeken said:

Hi Jeremy,

a few questions:

1. "during the session off" => what does this mean ? Did you mean during logoff perhaps ?

2. What's the client pc OS ?

3. What's the client pc Workspace app version ?

4. Can you try setting the following reg key on the VDA server and rebooting it (or set it in the PVS image in write modus) and see if that makes any difference ?

image.thumb.png.51111259a50bf32d2c22b36dee686dab.png

1.I think during the logoff, process are locked and the windows session can't closed and block. I have the same problem with Desktop publication or app's publication.

I have the same problem on multiple environnement completely different. 

2. Client pc OS are W10 or W11

3. Workspace version are many differents. Old or new same result

4. I can try yes

just saw that Citrix released Virtual Apps & Desktops 2203 CU1 and found these fixed issues in their list for vda 2203 cu1:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/2203-ltsr/whats-new/cumulative-update-1/fixed-issues.html

"The wfshell.exe process might exit unexpectedly, causing new application launches from published applications to fail. [CVADHELP-17310]"

"The wfshell.exe process might exit unexpectedly when the virtual channel disconnects. [CVADHELP-17982]"

I will now install and test the vda 2203 cu1 and report back.