MS Teams HDX Optimized Call Disconnects during Screen sharing

shocko

Question

We are running:

• Citrix Virtual Apps 1912 LTSR CU4 on Windows Server 2016 with MS Teams for VDA 1.4.00.19572.
  • On the client end I'm running Windows 21 H2 with Citrix Workspace App 1912 LTSR CU6. 
  • We are using MS Teams HDX Optimization to directly send audio/video from the workspace app
  • When I launch MS teams in Citrix and go to About -> Version is shows You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28799 (64-bit). Citrix HDX Optimized

Often when sharing a screen from the endpoint the call is disconnected. This happens every time when we have a dual monitor setup on the endpoint but often in a single monitor setup also. I can simply re-enter the meeting but we use these meetings for clients and its very frustrating for the people doing the presentations/screen sharing. Where to start?

7 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Scott Bowling said:

The Teams client version appears to be dated. I'd start with upgrading to a newer version.

I'll definitely start from there. Are there any logs on the XenApp side or Windows events I can track to proactively alert on this?