Change IP address on Workload Balancer

Question

We are trying to change the IP address of an existing Workload Balancer in our Citrix Hypervisor Pool. But the IP wont change. We are using the steps according to this documentation https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-hypervisor/wlb/administer.html#change-the-workload-balancing-ip-address.

After the change we are not able to reconnect to the WLB and after a reboot of the WLB appliance the old IP address is back and we can reconnect with the old settings.

What are we missing here? Is there another step needed to be taken that is not in the documentation?

3 answers to this question

I managed to fix this. Before stopping the services i Paused the WLB. I also had to start the services before reconnecting the WLB. So instead of the steps in the documentation, this is how it is done.

1. Pause Workload Balancing

2. Stop the Workload Balancing services by running the service workloadbalancing stop command on the virtual appliance.

3. Change the Workload Balancing IP address by running the ifconfig command on the virtual appliance.

4. Start the Workload Balancing services by running the service workloadbalancing start command on the virtual appliance.

5. Re-enable (Reconnect) Workload Balancing and specify the new IP address.

I also had to update /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 with the new address to keep it persistent during a restart.

Is there a way to get this updated in the documentation maby?