Welcome to our new Citrix community!

What is best practice to check if an application is (not) approved for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops?

Bernd Roth

Question

Hello, 

what is best practice to check in advance whether an application is approved or not approved for running on productive terminal server environments (e.g. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR)?

My goal is: 

Ensuring to run only supported/approved applications in a Citrix environment because this seems a good approach for a manageable Citrix service.

Taken Power BI Desktop as example so far i checked:

https://citrixready.citrix.com/ 

-  Producers web apperance & forum (e.g. Microsoft Power BI Desktop)

I'm having difficulties to find valid information. For example would i contact the Application producer for asking whether his products are approved for Citrix or would i contact Citrix directly or both.

Or is my goal unreachable and there are other ways to deal with it like try and error installation & testing followed by exchanging the results with other Citrix operators in forums like this?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 

Kind regards.

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your quick response Carl.

So best practice would be 'try and error installation & testing followed by exchanging the results with other Citrix operators in forums like this' i assume. 

I was hoping for more support by Citrix or other vendors. But if this is the way to go then i finally got an answer. 

I will wait until 17.06.2022 for other comments of members of this forum. If your answer will be the only one until then i will mark it as 'best answer'. I appreciate your help.

Kind regards.