Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workspace for iOS / IPad Feature Request - Disable Extended Keys Toolbar when using a Magic Keyboard

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello everyone,

We face the same issue / hiccup. Virtual Keyboard overlays in the Workspace / Desktop session and blocks any input.

To overcome this, we simply deactivate all features in "Settings" > "General" > "Keyboards" on the iPad.

It happens to all iPad Generations, with iOS 15.4.1 and iOS 15.5. Our current Workspace version is 22.5.0.4 (2205).

Important to mention: We are using the external keyboards from Apple : Smart Keyboard Folio

On top of the described issue, we face the challenge that the arrow keys are not responding in the expected way.

Up is left, left is down and if we press SHIFT + arrow key the direction is again changed.

Shall we raise a ticket for this?

Thanks & regards

• Like 2

Same here. In addition to the Extended keys bar there is the predictive suggestions bar that also shows up.  Really annoying. It started happing with upgraded to iPadOS 15.x somewhere probably 15.5 or 15.6. I can turn off predictive text in the ipad settings->general->keyboard->Predictive. That also does not remove the bar completely. Still Has Bold/Italic/Underline selection and microphone bar.

Appreciate any help here...

BFC953DC-E487-4D13-98BC-CC7145C1E65A.jpeg

Same here with iOS 15.4.1 and iOS 15.5 using a few different hardware keyboards.  The "extended keys" toolbar keeps coming back and the predictive text toolbar gets in the way as well.  I'm assuming a recent update to the Citrix Workspace app broke this.  Please let us know if there is a fix available or if this is a known/documented issue with any workaround.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:59 AM, Hans Frey said:

Hello everyone,

We face the same issue / hiccup. Virtual Keyboard overlays in the Workspace / Desktop session and blocks any input.

To overcome this, we simply deactivate all features in "Settings" > "General" > "Keyboards" on the iPad.

It happens to all iPad Generations, with iOS 15.4.1 and iOS 15.5. Our current Workspace version is 22.5.0.4 (2205).

Important to mention: We are using the external keyboards from Apple : Smart Keyboard Folio

On top of the described issue, we face the challenge that the arrow keys are not responding in the expected way.

Up is left, left is down and if we press SHIFT + arrow key the direction is again changed.

Shall we raise a ticket for this?

Thanks & regards

Same issue on all iPads at our company.  We all use the Apple Folio keyboards and iOS 15.4.1.

Hey,

We are experiencing the same issue.  We have multiple users with an iPad and Citrix Workspace as their main devices to work from and since the recent update for Citrix Workspace with with iOS 15.4.1 and iOS 15.5, the iPads are almost unusable as it affects typing, shortcut keys, etc.  Our users are experiencing the same issue with the arrow key directions, you press the up arrow and it goes down.

We have a combination of Smart Keyboard Folio's and also the Logitech Combo Touch cases.

Let me know if someone raised a ticket and what Citrix said and I will probably raise the issue myself.

Thanks

Chiming in as another "we too are experiencing this".

Users with the latest iOS on iPad Pros, using Apple's Smart Keyboard cannot hide the Extended Keys Toolbar.  Clicking "Keyboard" on the Workspace app's toolbar disables their physical Apple branded keyboard.

I will say, that my personal iPad Pro using a Logitech Slim Folio Pro does not experience this.  I am able to hide the Extended Keys Toolbar with no issue using that keyboard using the Workspace app Keyboard button, all the while allowing me to use my Logitech, BT connected KB.

image.thumb.png.b43b39b7205a58e29fcff99631428274.png

I opened a ticket with support to confirm that it's a known issue/inquire if there is a fix in the pipeline and they suggested the following.  I have not had a chance to test since I don't have an Apple keyboard, but I've asked one of my impacted users to test.

Hope you are doing good. This is regarding the subjected case.

I checked this internally and found that this is a known issue.

The workaround for that keyboard issue is : Goto iOS Settings > General > Keyboard > Predictive , change this toggle to OFF. So it will not show our customized session keyboard shortcut bar.

This issue is most probably related iOS system upgrade. 

On 6/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, Jonathan Bucud1709156335 said:

Confirmed by my end users, the above workaround does hide the floating Extended Keys toolbar.

Thank you for this workaround.  worked for me too (using Ipad with Folio Keyboard).  Hoping for a more intuitive/native fix from Citrix.