Webcam stops working in Edge, but Chrome works all the time

Nick Panaccio

Question

Bit of a strange one here. Like the title says, in my W10 VDA (1912 LTSR CU3),  when testing webcam redirection in Edge (versions 94-97), the webcam initially works fine, and then it'll turn off, even though the page still says it's enabled. When I test with the same versions of Chrome, I never see this behavior. The Edge and Chrome GPOs are identical, and even after disabling them for both, the same pattern repeats. Has anyone experienced the same? It's driving me nuts, because we have already removed Chrome from our image, and I'd like to keep it that way.

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Martijn Verheijen said:

I have the same issue, did you ever found a solution for this?

I honestly can't recall, as that was quite a long time ago. I assume the issue resolved itself in later builds of Edge, because we did do a lot of webcam testing in Edge late last year that seemed to work.

34 minutes ago, Nick Panaccio1709163569 said:

I honestly can't recall, as that was quite a long time ago. I assume the issue resolved itself in later builds of Edge, because we did do a lot of webcam testing in Edge late last year that seemed to work.

Thank you for the quick response, I will look in to this and see if I can update Edge to the latest version.

kind regards, Martijn.